Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 07:48 PM

285 posts, read 1,024,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
We have about 2 weeks left of TP hoping by then that problem will have been solved how much TP can these people hoard.
I got a pack of TP from samsclub.com about a week ago. Took about a week for delivery.

I have seen it on their website several mornings around 6am and it last about 20-30 min. I also saw Costco had some on their website last week and it was available for quite a while. Just gotta check every day randomly through out the day. Also shipping fee was $2 for the Sam's TP.

Just checked costco and it's in stock online..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 02:18 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,939,832 times
I just tried Instancart; works very nice, a sweet young girl called me from Costco, saying she has my order done, but saw they just brought out a ton of toilet paper, and did I want her to add it to my order...Very nice and thoughtful!

try it, you won't have to sit around hoping for stores to have stuff for you to grab..

Old 04-09-2020, 09:52 AM

13,484 posts, read 7,467,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The incubation period for COVID 19 is 2-3 days. IF you got it the next day, that wasn't it.

I feel for the restaurants who are going to be hurt. My wife and I spend around $20K a year eating out and I know I'm not alone. Right now, I don't trust someone else to be cooking my food. Certainly until after the peak hospital surge or the fear of "flair-ups". It could be many more months before I go out to eat. I bet it's going to take well over the year for people to return to their old habbits. Or maybe never to the same level.
Correct we felt sick on 3/22 we had gotten take out on 3/19 which was about 3 days after we ate take out food. The actual time period is 5 days research showed 97.5% https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317175438.htm

We also went to Walmart on March 13th the store was packed I found a picture I took of empty TP aisle posted on my facebook. The symptoms were strange because I never had burning red eyes along with those symptoms. I suspect as time passes and medical, and science communities learn more about this virus they will find it can be contracted in food prepared by someone who is infected.

Now there saying just talking, and maybe even breathing can send the virus into the air. There was a church chore who practiced a few weeks ago and lot of them became infected and some died. If someone is preparing food they are talking over your food tiny microscopic droplets of saliva leave the mouth land in your food. You can find video about this on youtube search "SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Micro-droplets - NHK World report"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I got a pack of TP from samsclub.com about a week ago. Took about a week for delivery.

I have seen it on their website several mornings around 6am and it last about 20-30 min. I also saw Costco had some on their website last week and it was available for quite a while. Just gotta check every day randomly through out the day. Also shipping fee was $2 for the Sam's TP.

Just checked costco and it's in stock online..
I ordered 2 iPad's 3 weeks ago already a week over due when I got on the chat support there were 600 people ahead of me. They told me due to the virus some items are a month behind in shipping my iPad's should ship in next two weeks. I'm not in a hurry to get them one is still working wife and I are sharing it. I wish they would update their expected received date when one orders from them.

I let my Samsclub membership drop we found we used Costco more.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:05 PM

24,574 posts, read 26,130,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I just tried Instancart; works very nice, a sweet young girl called me from Costco, saying she has my order done, but saw they just brought out a ton of toilet paper, and did I want her to add it to my order...Very nice and thoughtful!

try it, you won't have to sit around hoping for stores to have stuff for you to grab..
Instacart has been a godsend. Our girl had to make a few acceptable substitutions. Produce has been +10.

Old 04-09-2020, 05:38 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,764,999 times
In this part of town, Instacart delivery times for Costco, if you can get one, are 5 days or so out. Before I solved the paper products problem I waited on one for a week only to find out they were out of all that I wanted.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:04 AM

9,858 posts, read 11,256,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
In this part of town, Instacart delivery times for Costco, if you can get one, are 5 days or so out. Before I solved the paper products problem I waited on one for a week only to find out they were out of all that I wanted.
Try Walmart.com. They too use Instacart. The game already has some items in your cart >$30. Refresh a few times during the day to get a slot. When you get one (normally 2 days or less), you can edit the cart to add and subtract. you can add or delete the cart up to 1 AM on the day or delivery.

Our costco.com normally is running 3 days out here in Surprise (coming from Arrowhead). But we have to refresh multiple times a day to get a slot and the Costco is 30 minutes away. That should change when the brand new Costco comes in Surprise in a monthish. samsclub.com is another model we use. Prices are a bit less $$'s than Costco.com. As in a couple $'s per item cheaper (Costco mark-ups online prices that are delivered). Samclub.com offer an app. When you get a slot that also requires refreshing your browser often, you pick a time to grab the items only the following day. They load it in your trunk. You cannot modify the order like Walmart or Costco.com.

safeway.com has proven to be worthless. A 7 day wait, prepayment option and expect a fraction of items delivered. And if you cancel the delivery even days in advance because you got the items from another spot, expect them to "forget" about crediting your funds without calling them back twice. Plus, they are literally 2X most expensive on many items. Example: $3.99 for some Progresso soup. $1.29 at Walmart.

We have not tried Fry's nor Amazon online. But after this all passes, I can see how there will be a paradigm shift in how the country buys groceries. Currently, 85% of all groceries are purchased in person. I don't think that 85% statistic will stand, post COVID 19. Heck, we just sent off a care package to our daughter in WA. An entire Easter dinner via walmart.com. Delivered at 3 PM on Easter Sunday.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:10 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,764,999 times
I go to instacart.com itself and can choose from 12 stores. Choice of stores varies by where you live. Our list doesn't include WalMart, but does have Food City and El Super. Through Instacart I have successfully ordered things from CVS, Albertson's, Safeway and Basha's. I have not been able to get any deliveries through any grocery store websites. Pickup at Fry's has worked fairly well. Fry's also has "shipping" as opposed to "delivery" which comes from Kroger warehouses and is good for nonperishable items. Shipping from walmart.com (any port in the storm) has worked as well. I have tried many times to get a delivery slot from Amazon Fresh and/or Whole Foods and not gotten one. My son in Colorado uses Amazon Fresh frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area