Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 11:06 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I think if people are concerned they should be allowed to stay home and not fear getting fired.

What are the employer options? They would need to speak with an attorney. However, I can't see employers sacking those who don't feel comfortable returning to the work place.

They might not receive a paycheck.... but they shouldn't be fired.
They are forcing my wife back to work tomorrow that was their exact words you either come back to work, or they consider her as terminated from her job. They don't want to pay a severance so wont be a lay off.

It is an odd situation to have managers who are not allowed to come in to the office force an employee to return to the office and into a possible dangerous situation. I told her to assess the situation if it's not safe she is to call them and leave the area. Were not sure what measures they have taken to limit the numbers in the area where she will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 09:15 AM

13,718 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
They are forcing my wife back to work tomorrow that was their exact words you either come back to work, or they consider her as terminated from her job. They don't want to pay a severance so wont be a lay off.

It is an odd situation to have managers who are not allowed to come in to the office force an employee to return to the office and into a possible dangerous situation. I told her to assess the situation if it's not safe she is to call them and leave the area. Were not sure what measures they have taken to limit the numbers in the area where she will be.

If your wife doesn't feel comfortable returning to work contact a lawyer and find out her legal options. We're living in usual times.
Speak with an attorney

Old 04-20-2020, 12:09 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

Yea, some tough realities lately. I feel for you. Out of curiosity, how is her health and age?

Old 04-20-2020, 12:53 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I think if people are concerned they should be allowed to stay home and not fear getting fired.

What are the employer options? They would need to speak with an attorney. However, I can't see employers sacking those who don't feel comfortable returning to the work place.

They might not receive a paycheck.... but they shouldn't be fired.
I can see a LOT of employers sacking employees who refuse to return to work unless strict distancing and sanitizing measures are put into place. A lot of employers just don't give a damn about employees.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Yea, some tough realities lately. I feel for you. Out of curiosity, how is her health and age?
Were in our 50's some health issues typical American somewhat overweight. Covid-19 has some unusual patterns. From my own investigation if your immune system has some sort of pre-existing immunity, or maybe genes that the virus is minor cold like symptoms the 80% they talk about.

If your one of the unlucky people who it severely attacks the lungs, and your not in perfect health younger in age survival is lot less. If you look at those pictures of younger 35 year olds who died they all seem to be on the heavier side typical American obesity health issues.

I told her to just sit there keep calling manager ask them what to do. They can't terminate for asking what to do, and if they lay off she get 6 months of severance and unemployment also. The company has been given essential worker status because it's a electric utility so they can make her go to work. I don't think they have approval to lay off.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:23 PM

784 posts, read 923,064 times
No employer can make any worker come to work with the shelter in place orders....the below allows for 2 weeks and as much as being off for 10 weeks with pay.

Take a look at the The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020

There are plenty of options in there and I don't see any employer challenging any employee requesting such, first off the company gets reimbursed so its a benefit that won't cost them.......but I am not so naive to think some employers won't retaliate in a way that they can get by with.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:41 PM

27 posts, read 36,228 times
Alot of worry-worts here.. we went under contract in 6 days >900k full cash offer.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:48 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRob View Post
Alot of worry-worts here.. we went under contract in 6 days >900k full cash offer.
COngrats! Yep, no evidence yet of a price correction in Phoenix. It will eventually happen and might be precipitated by this virus if it drags on too long.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Hello, I am curious to see opinions here for the current housing market in Phoenix. We will be relocating in the next 6 months and we need to sell our ~900k home in Phoenix (85028 near 32nd/Shea up against the mountains).

I was curious to see if homes are still selling in the current market, do we have any data yet? Now that the virus seems to be easing up we are planning on having our house on the market within ~1-2 weeks.

Thanks!

Rob

The real question is will you be buying another $900k home in the next 60 days?

Old 04-28-2020, 08:39 PM

13,718 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Well, done indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area