Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 05:27 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times

Advertisements

In other words, is there a safe place for other people to get treatment when they have an emergency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 05:50 PM

640 posts, read 957,058 times
You are kidding right?

Old 04-21-2020, 09:11 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times
No, I'm not kidding.

Ordinary not-infected people have emergencies. What are they supposed to do?

Old 04-21-2020, 09:34 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,340,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
No, I'm not kidding.

Yes, and the hospitals have procedures to minimize that risk.

HOWEVER, that said I work for the largest occupational health (workers comp etc.) provider in the state and we specifically do NOT take illness (even if the person was claiming the infection occurred at work) so we can continue to treat essential workers with minimal risks to them.

Unfortunately your emergency would need to be an INJURY only and only if it happened at work to see us.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:18 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
No, I'm not kidding.

yes, my wife just had a serious injury requiring hip replacement and shoulder repair.

We first went to a new emergency facility near my house, which, after taking xrays, determined she needed to go to a full service hospital. they took her from there, via ambulance. The Emergency facility did NOT let me in, past the front door, once they admitted her.

the hospital admitted her immediately, the surgeon was there within hours and surgery was performed the next day, a Sunday.

She had almost the whole floor to her self, the hospital was so empty; the only difference was no visitors, Family, nobody but hospital personnel was allowed anywhere, including past the front door in the emergency room.

When it came time to release her, they brought her outside the front door, and I picked her up there.

At no time was I allowed inside the emergency center, or the hospital. But I can tell you, the hospital appeared empty.

hope this helps; this was Abrazzo in Glendale near arrowhead ranch, if that matters

Old 04-21-2020, 11:02 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
yes, my wife just had a serious injury requiring hip replacement and shoulder repair.

We first went to a new emergency facility near my house, which, after taking xrays, determined she needed to go to a full service hospital. they took her from there, via ambulance. The Emergency facility did NOT let me in, past the front door, once they admitted her.

the hospital admitted her immediately, the surgeon was there within hours and surgery was performed the next day, a Sunday.

She had almost the whole floor to her self, the hospital was so empty; the only difference was no visitors, Family, nobody but hospital personnel was allowed anywhere, including past the front door in the emergency room.

When it came time to release her, they brought her outside the front door, and I picked her up there.

At no time was I allowed inside the emergency center, or the hospital. But I can tell you, the hospital appeared empty.

hope this helps; this was Abrazzo in Glendale near arrowhead ranch, if that matters
Sorry for your wife's injuries. That's a lot to deal with, hope she is doing better.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:23 PM

555 posts, read 595,205 times
All ER's have to at least screen and stabilize any patient that comes to them; Covid-19 or otherwise due to EMTALA: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provide...ads/EMTALA.pdf

I hope your question was just for information/future reference and that you're o.k., Fluffy!

Old 04-22-2020, 07:17 AM

525 posts, read 539,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

My friend's wife had a similar experience at Chandler Regional--kidney stones. They admitted her and kept her there for a few days. Hospital was pretty empty and any Coronavirus patients are kept separate from anyone else.

Old 04-22-2020, 09:12 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
My daughter works on a COVID floor in a east valley hospital. The whole floor is negative air pressure and COVIDs are taken around the hospital as needed with special procedures. Business is slow FWIW.

I read that Banner has made three of its urgent care locations for non-respiratory patients only.

Old 04-22-2020, 09:23 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,646,774 times
I heard on the news that only 10% of hospital patients here are COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area