Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,983 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!! I am moving to phoenix from Buffalo, NY in a couple of weeks and I have some job offers to work as a Bellman at 3 resorts and I HAVE TO PICK ONE OF THEM!! They are the Phonecian, the Boulders and the Hyatt Regency Gainey ranch Scottsdale. If anybody has any opinions as to which is the best or the one I can make the most bank at please let me know.

Daryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM

268 posts, read 1,160,385 times
All three are very nice resorts. If it were me that had to make the choice, I would not pick the Boulders because it is further out there (north, north Scottsdale) and it's a lot smaller than the others which means not as many rooms and not as many people tipping you.

That leaves you with the Hyatt Gainey Ranch and the Phoenician. Both are in great locations, however The Phoenician is more centrally located. Size-wise by number of rooms available, the Phoenician is just a bit bigger with 654 rooms compared to Hyatt's 490. More rooms = more people = more money. The Phoenician is also a little more expensive and more exclusive than the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch. I would pick the Phoenician if it were me, but you really can't go too wrong with either.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:20 PM

919 posts, read 3,397,414 times
All 3 are nice. The latter two are a tad more of a hike from the central area, so your commute might make the difference. Tough call. All three have top notch visitors so it's hard to defined where you'll make more bank or get the best experience.

What's the best customer for bellman income these days? Frequent biz travelers? Well-off leisure folks? Just curious.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
All 3 are nice. The latter two are a tad more of a hike from the central area, so your commute might make the difference. Tough call. All three have top notch visitors so it's hard to defined where you'll make more bank or get the best experience.

What's the best customer for bellman income these days? Frequent biz travelers? Well-off leisure folks? Just curious.
I know a guy who has worked for a while as a waiter at the Phoenician, and he made bank...but I don't know enough about the other two to compare. I do know that the Phoenician is considered to be one of the swankiest resorts though

Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,098,142 times
The Phoenician has the best food and a better golf course, plus those little casitas they have are very cool.

We found that Gainey Ranch is more fun though, and not quite as pricey. We're kinda biased though, as we're Hyatt Gold Club members, and tend to get some pretty good deals.

I dunno about the other one you mentioned.

Ya prob'ly get more "traffic" at Gainey Ranch.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:21 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,086,320 times
Phoenician-Congrat's on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area