Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2020, 09:15 AM

238 posts, read 209,592 times

Advertisements

I would love to get feedback from any original Sun City residents. We are looking (online for now) at older homes in Sun City. We love the older design homes and big lots and we are up to some remodeling. I was told the houses have no HOA fees and we have pets (not big) and was told that is fine. It is hard looking online to see if we can have fenced in yards. It looks like you can. Anyone with personal experience of these things would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 03:07 PM

9,751 posts, read 11,176,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEOPATRAZEUS View Post
I would love to get feedback from any original Sun City residents. We are looking (online for now) at older homes in Sun City. We love the older design homes and big lots and we are up to some remodeling. I was told the houses have no HOA fees and we have pets (not big) and was told that is fine. It is hard looking online to see if we can have fenced in yards. It looks like you can. Anyone with personal experience of these things would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Sun City started in 1960. Initially, it was a 55+ neighborhood. They might be 105+ years old. I don't suspect they will remember much.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:09 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,114,916 times
You can have walls/fences in Sun City. They exist but are not as common as you would see in other non-55+ areas where literally every single yard has them. You need to get a permit from Maricopa county since Sun City is an unincorporated area. Many of the homes do not have walls/fences because the original builder and residents wanted to promote socialization/friendliness among neighbors. If you want to put up a wall or fence you need to also follow any restrictions regarding rear-yard utility easements, which most of the lots have. The original Sun City single family detached homes do not have an HOA that you pay dues to, but you have to pay mandatory recreation fees to Sun City, it's around $500/year per property.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:52 PM

Thanks lots of good information. I guess I am not as social as some. LOL Do not like open yards. Maybe I better look more in regular neighborhoods. I like kids but not a block full of them in my old age.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:21 PM

8,274 posts, read 8,666,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEOPATRAZEUS View Post
Thanks lots of good information. I guess I am not as social as some. LOL Do not like open yards. Maybe I better look more in regular neighborhoods. I like kids but not a block full of them in my old age.
If you see kids they are visiting grandma.

Old 08-04-2020, 08:27 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,278,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Sun City started in 1960. Initially, it was a 55+ neighborhood. They might be 105+ years old. I don't suspect they will remember much.
Lol...not sure if you were joking or not. I can see how the OP question could be misunderstood. I think she was referring to people who currently live in the original Sun City. Not necessarily the original owners in that community.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Lol...not sure if you were joking or not. I can see how the OP question could be misunderstood. I think she was referring to people who currently live in the original Sun City. Not necessarily the original owners in that community.
Funny>> I did get the joke>> Yes I used the term ORIGINAL Sun City and I like the big lots there. I learned there are 6 Sun City Properties in Phoenix area>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area