Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 08:02 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times

Advertisements

I live in Phoenix, but now work in the LA area, and I won't be complaining as much about valley traffic anymore lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 04:48 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,401 times
LA is a lot bigger, and like 4 times the amount of people. I worked in Corona, and driving to LA itself took an hour in light traffic...

Old 01-23-2021, 10:46 AM

410 posts, read 399,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I live in Phoenix, but now work in the LA area, and I won't be complaining as much about valley traffic anymore lol
Yeah I lived around DC for about 8 years before moving back to DC. It would take an hour to go 8 miles there, no joke. I dont truly complain about traffic around here but mid-covid it truly was a joy to drive here lol.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Ive been driving and it was back to normal by September, it is only worse of late IMHO due to construction where I live. The only thing that is worse is that snowbirds waited a few weeks or a month to come to AZ.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:58 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,599 times
Quote:
For reals. So many people in AZ don't understand how good we have it here, not just traffic, but housing, quality of life, etc.

Only people who travel out of Phoenix regularly like you or myself across the country (pre-Covid) understand and fully appreciate how amazing it is here.

It's like spoiled kids who grow up in a beautiful million dollar house and think it's nothing special...and then get a rude awakening when they have to move to a run down ghetto house.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:01 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
LA is a lot bigger, and like 4 times the amount of people. I worked in Corona, and driving to LA itself took an hour in light traffic...
It's really about 3 times the size. Phoenix is basically a smaller, scaled down version of L.A., only without the beaches, the theme parks, the Hollywood flair, or the international status. The sprawl is very similar, however. Since L.A. is a bigger city, naturally the traffic is going to be more congested. I saw where Phoenix ranks #22 in the nation for traffic congestion, which isn't bad for a city our size, but it's not great. The interesting thing is that similarly sized cities like San Antonio and San Diego ranked as less congested than Phoenix. Dallas ranks about even with Phoenix at #21.

https://stacker.com/stories/696/50-m...ies-america#30

Old 01-28-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
It's really about 3 times the size. Phoenix is basically a smaller, scaled down version of L.A., only without the beaches, the theme parks, the Hollywood flair, or the international status. The sprawl is very similar, however. Since L.A. is a bigger city, naturally the traffic is going to be more congested. I saw where Phoenix ranks #22 in the nation for traffic congestion, which isn't bad for a city our size, but it's not great. The interesting thing is that similarly sized cities like San Antonio and San Diego ranked as less congested than Phoenix. Dallas ranks about even with Phoenix at #21.

https://stacker.com/stories/696/50-m...ies-america#30
Like 3.5x, there's approx 5 million in Greater Phoenix, and 18 million in Greater LA (LA County, Orange County, Riverside County west of San Gorgonio Pass, San Bernardino County south of Cajon Pass plus the Victor Valley, and southeastern Ventura County)

Old 01-30-2021, 06:01 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
As much as people complain about California traffic, I always found it funny how nearly everybody drives fast on the freeways there. Of course, they can't do this during heavy traffic times, but even when I'm going 10+ MPH over the posted speed limit in CA, I'm almost always passed. This is especially true in the San Diego area, which by the way, I think has pretty easy flowing traffic most of the time. While Phoenix traffic is generally better than L.A., it's worse overall than San Diego.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:35 PM

This evening took the cake for bad traffic here in SoCal. Took me 3 1/2 hrs to get from San Juan Capistrano to Hesperia. Valley traffic is a piece of cake compared to that, even in the west valley

Old 02-07-2021, 02:13 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,401 times
Quote:
This evening took the cake for bad traffic here in SoCal. Took me 3 1/2 hrs to get from San Juan Capistrano to Hesperia. Valley traffic is a piece of cake compared to that, even in the west valley
Did you take the toll road?241.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area