Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 12:25 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
Albuquerque would be an awesome place, if it ever got its act together.

I find the scenery there to be stunning! With the snow-capped Sandias in the background, the willow and cottonwood trees winding through the bed of the Rio Grande, the high country pinon forests, the Hispano/Indio cultural palate, and the proximity to Santa Fe and Taos. You really feel the history and deep roots in New Mexico, which is hard to explain unless you know the same feeling yourself.

Scenery wise, Albuquerque wins hands-down over Phoenix, which -- pardon me -- resembles Orange County, CA, both culturally and physically (sans the Pacific Ocean, of course). Phoenix, being a cheaper desert version of Orange County is why it is so beloved by Midwesterners, I suppose? I wish I could say nicer things about Phoenix, but I did not enjoy my time there, all three times I've traveled there to visit. I did not find people to be friendly, or helpful, at all. The opposite, in fact. Scottsdale was the absolute rudest place I've ever been!

Albuquerque and Tucson both share status as largely Hispanic cities, both are home to their state's flagship universities (UNM and UAZ, respectively), both have gorgeous backdrops.

What kills Albuquerque, though, is it's crime rate. It just can't seem to shake it for whatever reason? It's been plagued by hideous amounts of crime for 20-some odd years now.
We must be looking at different parallel universes of Albuquerque, lol. The high desert in Albuquerque is lifeless and desolate, reminds me of being closer to looking like Mars than Earth.

The sonoran desert in Phoenix is full of vegetation, cactus, flowers, and palo verde trees. It is so much more interesting to look at and appreciate.

There is no comparison, Phoenix is so much better than Albuquerque.

The people in Arizona are amazing as well. I have lived in several areas in Phoenix, and have gotten to know and keep in touch with many neighbors. Whomever you met in Scottsdale, may not have been from Scottsdale. They may have been snowbirds or visitors form elsewhere. The locals in Phoenix are some of the friendliest and down to earth people compared to many areas I have traveled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 07:01 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,787 times
because it is so damn hot !

Old 12-04-2020, 08:50 AM

74 posts, read 97,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
We must be looking at different parallel universes of Albuquerque, lol. The high desert in Albuquerque is lifeless and desolate, reminds me of being closer to looking like Mars than Earth.

The sonoran desert in Phoenix is full of vegetation, cactus, flowers, and palo verde trees. It is so much more interesting to look at and appreciate.

There is no comparison, Phoenix is so much better than Albuquerque.

The people in Arizona are amazing as well. I have lived in several areas in Phoenix, and have gotten to know and keep in touch with many neighbors. Whomever you met in Scottsdale, may not have been from Scottsdale. They may have been snowbirds or visitors form elsewhere. The locals in Phoenix are some of the friendliest and down to earth people compared to many areas I have traveled to.
Phoenix and all of Maricopa County has some of the friendliest people I've ever met as well. They even go out of their way to help you over here.

I agree with you about Albuquerque. The scenery kind of almost reminds me of El Paso scenery. It also looks like your on Mars in El Paso as well. You see it there even when you land at the airport.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:09 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,035 times
Turns people away? I see nothing but young people in Phoenix...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area