Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 02:04 PM

74 posts, read 97,726 times

Advertisements

Thank you. Now a much more transient city is Las Vegas. I'm so happy I dont live in Vegas. I know people there do not stay long term. I met a group of people there once and they were like, "yeah it's ok I guess." One of my relatives says Vegas is just ok. He has said there are not much people from there. I know he wants to leave and has talked about it for 2 years now.

But I love it here in Phoenix. It truly is my dream city. In my career I'm developing, there is a high need here for it.

With this being said, I'll just keep asking the women on dates if they see themselves in Phoenix long term. Then I'll explain how I never want to move away and how i also want to retire in Scottsdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 02:10 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,958,770 times
Yep, nothing but one big sausage fest here.

But assuming you are telling your female companions what school your future children will go to and what city you will live in together, one could guess maybe they are just telling you they are moving away.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:54 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,716,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerDobson View Post
I'm wondering why it is so hard to find a girl that wants to live in Phoenix, AZ. What is it about Phoenix that turns people away? I moved to Phoenix last year and I absolutely love it here. I've noticed however that people come and go and don't stay long in Phoenix. I met a woman who sold her house to go live in Flagstaff and she was so excited about it. I mean really? Flagstaff? That town is so boring. No skyscrapers, big malls, or any city life. I really want to have my career here and I want my future kids to go to school in the Kyrene District. It's just hard trying to find a woman who loves Phoenix as much as I do. I've also met a woman who wanted to move to another part of the world and just said Phoenix would do for now.

Another guy recently told me that it will be hard to almost impossible to find a girl who wants to live in Phoenix. He said it's because girls love to move to other parts of the country. I don't understand it. Why do people not want to stay in Phoenix? And when I say Phoenix, I'm talking about all of Maricopa County, not just the city limits. It's so nice here. Phoenix is probably the only nice city in all of Arizona.

Furthermore, why is it that everybody gives me a funny look and say that Phoenix is full of rude people when I tell them how nice and friendly people around here are. I've met some of the nicest most kindest people here. I've met people who would go out of their way to help you.
There are different kinds of rudeness.

People in Phoenix are less likely to scream curses at you.

However, they are more likely to not return telephone calls, show up two hours late without apologizing, not bother to thank you, and swindle you.

A friend of mine had a guy spit it her when she politely asked him to pull over.

Old 11-24-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
There are different kinds of rudeness.

People in Phoenix are less likely to scream curses at you.

However, they are more likely to not return telephone calls, show up two hours late without apologizing, not bother to thank you, and swindle you.

A friend of mine had a guy spit it her when she politely asked him to pull over.
Someone got spat at here? That person is probably from the northeast or somewhere else. What does swindling mean? I've had good experiences here. I'm from Texas, but I love Arizona. I'd say the friendliest cities in Arizona are Phoenix, Flagstaff, and Yuma. Flagstaff and Yuma are too small. I'm a big city guy. Phoenix is probably the only city I'd live in here in Arizona. I've found Tucson too small as well, and not friendly either, really cold too.

Old 11-24-2020, 05:55 PM

811 posts, read 623,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Trying my hardest to get a visual on this.

Was she standing on Van Buren with tight, tight shorts and very high heels?

Old 11-24-2020, 05:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
Low housing prices poor quality of divorce lawyers
Too much section 8, undesirable temperature and too far from the beach
Dislike of cowboy vaquero culture
Just guessing

Old 11-24-2020, 06:16 PM

811 posts, read 623,017 times
OP, where are you casting your bait? Clubs, bars, work?

Seriously; where do you find these gypsy girls that you speak of?

Old 11-24-2020, 06:23 PM

4,325 posts, read 6,290,597 times
I attended grad school at ASU (am a California native and moved back to the Bay Area after graduation). I have to say that those were the best singles years of my life. Women seemed much more approachable and I had a ton of fun going out in Scottsdale. I'm a decent looking guy but not over the top, so I always felt that if you couldn't find women here, there was something wrong with you. Not sure how many of them were marriage material but for dating and hookups, it was a great couple years for me.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,142,348 times
OP - You like Phoenix. Fantastic. Many people do; and many people don't. I wouldn't live in Phoenix if I was paid to do so, but that shouldn't matter. There are many people who, ,like you, like Phoenix. Why would you care about the people who do not?

Old 11-24-2020, 07:02 PM

Let's see, so I met this one girl in work training. She was from Los Angeles. I asked her out and she rejected me. She moved to Tucson a few months later. Idk why she chose that place.

I met another girl while living in Tucson. She said she hated Phoenix and returned to Tucson after college.

I went on a tinder date with a girl who was in the peace corps. She lived in China and wants to live in another part of the world in the future.

I met another girl from Cottonwood. She said she hates big cities and wants to live out in the country. She was a redneck.

I haven't really tried much tbh. I started losing hope that the kind of girl I like would even exist. I'm also not sure where else in Phoenix to meet people. I'm not sure if it's ok to talk to people while riding the metro or the bus. Meetup seems really cliquish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area