Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times

Advertisements

i'm lookin to move from new york what areas of phoenix are good and which ones should i stay away from..also are there alot of things to do out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 06:19 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,761,614 times
Would be helpful to know where you will be working or if you are attending college. Both the east side as well as the west side have some great areas. The south east has some and so on. All the regular posters on this site have their personal favorites and can comment on their developments. It is always a good idea to come and take a look around before you make a final commitment.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:08 PM

132 posts, read 593,468 times
Phoenix is not a BIG City like New York or Chicago (originally from NJ) but my family & I love it here. Feel like the whole city is very laid back and no hurry. Traffic is horrific and summers can be unbareable but all in all I wouldn't trade phoenix for any state right now. we've been here for 1.5 yrs

Old 05-10-2008, 12:40 AM

124 posts, read 477,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaa13 View Post
i'm lookin to move from new york what areas of phoenix are good and which ones should i stay away from..also are there alot of things to do out there?
http://www.aaronline.com/documents/buy_advis.pdf

if you are interested in checking out different areas of the valley there are some good links provided in the Arizona Buyer's Advisory that you may want to follow.

I think that first you need to look at where you may be working and then decide where to start looking for a place to live. If you are going to be working on the East side of the valley you probably won't want to live in Suprise. The Valley may not be be as big as NY but it certainly is spread out and location matters

There are a ton of "things" to do in Arizona, it just depends on what your interests are. For a broad overview, you might want to check out wikipedia. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: