Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 01:24 PM

13,787 posts, read 8,019,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
No you're not being unreasonable, that's annoying as "HE double hockey sticks". But, good luck on getting it resolved in any kind of fashion. IMHO, just parking in front of someone else's property is bad etiquette, but you can't do crap about it.

If I were you I'd start installing Ring cameras on your property. Phoenix is becoming more and more of a cesspool. I hate to say that, because when my grandparents transferred to Luke AFB in the 60s Glendale was a beautiful place with amazing people living there.

Last year water from my neighbors yard was seeping into mine. The concrete wall which we share had become discolored on my side from water stains. I had a contractor take photos and explain over time the wall would weaken of the water continued to hit. My neighbor refused to responded. I contacted an attorney who said not a whole lot I could do and the HOA said not their problem.

Then I decided to contact the Gilbert water department. I told them I think there is a leak somewhere and I might be losing water. But I don't know where the leak is

When they came over they wrote in their report there were no leaks on my side. The seepage was coming from the other side of the wall. The water was probably coming from an irrigation leak. Sent my neighbor a copy of the report and they adjusted their irrigation system.

When I first looked over the fence over into their yard I saw their pool. It was completely green. I thought if they don't care about their pool they aren't going to care about water stains on the other side of the wall. And I was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 02:00 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,274,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEOPATRAZEUS View Post
...There are bad neighbors everywhere. Good areas and bad areas. It does not matter. Money can not buy class... (LOL)
Yep.

Here is my tale/list of woe concerning the current and former neighbors on both sides, across the street and behind my house across an easement:

Blocking/partially blocking my driveway
Blocking the curbside where I am supposed to put my trash cans
Parking over the dividing area on that little strip between our properties
(When you squat in the garage instead of living in the house, the cars have to go somewhere, right?)
Dragging items across my yard

Further back:
Loading my trash can with their trash
Throwing half-eaten food, dirty diapers and dog feces over the wall
Parking in my driveway (then I came home--oops!)
Screaming/cursing at one another around the clock at high volume
Owning one, two, or three dogs that were out of control (not the dogs' fault!)
Kids throwing rocks at the house and windows
Kids behind the house cracking one of my windows with a BB gun
Domestic violence (which wound up involving 4-5 squad cars, an ambulance and several neighbors)

I'm the original owner and all the years I've lived there the HOA sends out notices about how the CCRs state vehicles are supposed to be in garages, etc., etc., blah blah...and I haven't seen anything change.

I still really like my house, so once I'm inside I'm usually OK, though I'd really appreciate it if whoever recently stole the towels out of my yard would bring them back. Oh yeah, forgot the stolen/broken solar lights and the stolen bulbs from the lights on either side of the garage...

Old 03-22-2021, 02:34 PM

111 posts, read 73,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
Yep.

Here is my tale/list of woe concerning the current and former neighbors on both sides, across the street and behind my house across an easement:

Blocking/partially blocking my driveway
Blocking the curbside where I am supposed to put my trash cans
Parking over the dividing area on that little strip between our properties
(When you squat in the garage instead of living in the house, the cars have to go somewhere, right?)
Dragging items across my yard

Further back:
Loading my trash can with their trash
Throwing half-eaten food, dirty diapers and dog feces over the wall
Parking in my driveway (then I came home--oops!)
Screaming/cursing at one another around the clock at high volume
Owning one, two, or three dogs that were out of control (not the dogs' fault!)
Kids throwing rocks at the house and windows
Kids behind the house cracking one of my windows with a BB gun
Domestic violence (which wound up involving 4-5 squad cars, an ambulance and several neighbors)

I'm the original owner and all the years I've lived there the HOA sends out notices about how the CCRs state vehicles are supposed to be in garages, etc., etc., blah blah...and I haven't seen anything change.

I still really like my house, so once I'm inside I'm usually OK, though I'd really appreciate it if whoever recently stole the towels out of my yard would bring them back. Oh yeah, forgot the stolen/broken solar lights and the stolen bulbs from the lights on either side of the garage...
Holy cow!! That’s some awful neighbors!! It’s just sad that people treat others like this!

Old 03-22-2021, 04:23 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,274,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaTree101 View Post
Holy cow!! That’s some awful neighbors!! It’s just sad that people treat others like this!
Yeah, it has been pretty ridiculous at times.

Now all of that did not happen at once, but intermittently over almost 16.5 years.

Still...so stupid. And so unnecessary.

For years I worked remotely but my days and hours were odd, so I hardly saw any of the people; now I work on-site and have one of those "road warrior" commutes so I still don't see them much, just pass by as I pull into my garage.

I've never understood the appeal of squatting in the garage when it's 100-and-whatever outside. I thought last year's record-breaking summer would mean they would disappear into the house...I was wrong.

I haven't had a beef with anybody; it has never seemed malicious, just flat-out THOUGHTLESS. You know..."It's my world..." and all the rest of it.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:48 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,030,548 times
Have a friend who had a neighbor from hell. She got a restraining order after she showed the court some of the videos of the neighbor's horrible behavior (some of which was very similar to all the postings so far, some of it worse like threatening them with violence) over a number of years. The neighbors finally sold about 6 months ago. The whole neighborhood had a block party!!!!!

Old 03-23-2021, 10:54 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
In my experience Tempe enforces the parking by a driveway with a hefty ticket. That's illegal parking.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:26 AM

23,226 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaTree101 View Post
Alright. I'll contact the non-emergency number and go from there.
The alternative is to use your imagination, intuition, spine, and a moonless night!

Old 03-25-2021, 09:17 AM

720 posts, read 735,139 times
Look at the bright side - at least they don't have barking dogs or loud parties or eve a huge RV parked like so many here - that to me is worse than an encroachment on my driveway or stealing my water (pure ignorance) - just don't have things accessible (no hose) and keep to yourself put a ring and even flood lights w/sensors if that'll make you feel safer -

Old 03-29-2021, 01:56 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,305,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
No you're not being unreasonable, that's annoying as "HE double hockey sticks". But, good luck on getting it resolved in any kind of fashion. IMHO, just parking in front of someone else's property is bad etiquette, but you can't do crap about it.

If I were you I'd start installing Ring cameras on your property. Phoenix is becoming more and more of a cesspool. I hate to say that, because when my grandparents transferred to Luke AFB in the 60s Glendale was a beautiful place with amazing people living there.
Let's not pretend there weren't jerks in the valley in the past lol. I grew up in the 80s and 90s and violent crime was way higher back then than now, so in a lot of ways it was worse and even in the relatively safe neighborhoods we still had jerk neighbors plenty of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area