Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 10:51 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,240,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Superstition Ranch Market might be close to what you are looking for. There are 2, both in the far east valley. They are a produce market that has really good prices though the quality is sometimes hit or miss.

https://www.superstitionranchmarket.com/
Second this. Great prices. Worth the trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 05:25 PM

2,391 posts, read 2,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post
I mean Sprouts is the obvious answer - I love that store!
Yes, which is why I specifically said not supermarkets.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:23 AM

8,280 posts, read 8,684,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

It is strange that with all the locally grown produce out here that there arent tons of produce stores everywhere..
Maybe because the produce is really bad here. Hard as a rock melons.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:18 AM

1,485 posts, read 1,442,055 times
A friend owns a 500 acre produce farm in Hollister..there used to be a lot of jokes about the produce stands..I remember driving by a produce stand with him, and he says "looks like Jose went to Safeway"...
Sprouts is going to be hard to beat. Trader Joes gets an F in their produce department, but still has good offerings if you don't have a Costco card. I got hooked on jack fruit in Thailand..39 cents pp...the Vietnamese jack fruit were 6.49 pp at my local market in Wyoming.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:46 PM

2,391 posts, read 2,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
That's a very good question. Have thought about that myself at times. Lived here for 20 years now and my wife and I still haven't come across one yet. Closest thing to a produce market would have to be the larger Asian stores like Lee-Lees. It would be nice to have a indoor market in Phoenix that carries everything under the sun and offers food to eat and drink. Seen similar markets on You Tube in Los Angeles, New York City and Seattle (Pikes Place for example). For the 5th largest city and growing fast, I would think there would be a need for a market place like this.
Doesn't have to be everything under the sun - just a good selection of reasonably priced produce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area