Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 09:25 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times

Advertisements

Is anybody making 4k or more Door Dashing full time in the Phoenix metro area and making a go of it from a cost of living standpoint out there? Trying to see if it's worth it as a single person to move out there and do that initially. With rents being what they are to get in a decent area there, I wonder if anybody is doing Door Dash full time and making it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 02:22 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,711,644 times
I don't know a single person who uses it, and that doesn't seem like a good plan to me. In general, Phoenix people aren't very impatient, which is why it's so hard to prod people into action.

I see a lot of "help wanted" signs, though. If you want to drive, I see that the Arizona Republic is trying to entice people to distribute newspapers.

Old 12-12-2021, 02:31 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Is anybody making 4k or more Door Dashing full time in the Phoenix metro area and making a go of it from a cost of living standpoint out there? Trying to see if it's worth it as a single person to move out there and do that initially. With rents being what they are to get in a decent area there, I wonder if anybody is doing Door Dash full time and making it.
But would any decent apartment complex rent to you without being able to show verifiable consistent income?

Old 12-12-2021, 02:44 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Lots of hiring out here. Aim higher you can probably land something fast

Old 12-12-2021, 03:42 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
I don't know a single person who uses it, and that doesn't seem like a good plan to me. In general, Phoenix people aren't very impatient, which is why it's so hard to prod people into action.

I see a lot of "help wanted" signs, though. If you want to drive, I see that the Arizona Republic is trying to entice people to distribute newspapers.
Seriously? Almost everyone I know uses door dash or one of the competitors. The people we're around probably differ, as I hang around a lot of two income couples that have kids and busy lives. Having said that I also know a lot of younger people that use it too.

I have no idea how much they make or what the timeline even is to make $4,000. I know that we are big tippers but I don't know how the valley is as a whole with tipping.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:07 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:

Prod people into action for what? Delivery services are at my apartment daily. Used them a few times myself. Drivers are making pick-ups at many restaurants I visit. These services are widely used. Does that equate a viable employment opportunity? That I cannot say.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:37 PM

369 posts, read 269,233 times
Default Patient or impatient?

Quote:

Phoenix people aren't very impatient? Did I read that right?

As for door dash, it's used all the time. I use it occasionally and my neighbors and friends seem to be addicted to it. I think you need to face reality a little more.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:33 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
I don't know anyone that uses it anymore. I know many that use instacart.

Old 12-13-2021, 07:48 AM

1,950 posts, read 2,298,854 times
BE prepared to pay application fees and waitlist fees and not get them back from Apt complexes most ask for income verification 2.5 to 3 times the rent. with the average one bed in a decent area ending up over $1300.00, In December the rates are the highest. there are a lot of " ghetto " apts and by that I mean they are less expensive but falling apart and have roaches, drugs, police visits every day that are one bedroom for around $ 1000. There are also lower prices to get in the door but the rent will be increased every year by about $ 100. extra fees will be tacked on to the rent, 100-150 a month
Even in an ok area, there have been huge rent increases. Phoenix is not a place to move to unless you have a decent-paying job and a decent car. There are people who do multiple deliveries. LFYT, Instacart, Door dash and make a living but they also have a partner that they live with to share expenses. The gas is about $3.79 a gal and up to over $ 4 depending on where you get it.
good luck !

Old 12-13-2021, 08:51 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
BE prepared to pay application fees and waitlist fees and not get them back from Apt complexes most ask for income verification 2.5 to 3 times the rent. with the average one bed in a decent area ending up over $1300.00, In December the rates are the highest. there are a lot of " ghetto " apts and by that I mean they are less expensive but falling apart and have roaches, drugs, police visits every day that are one bedroom for around $ 1000. There are also lower prices to get in the door but the rent will be increased every year by about $ 100. extra fees will be tacked on to the rent, 100-150 a month
Even in an ok area, there have been huge rent increases. Phoenix is not a place to move to unless you have a decent-paying job and a decent car. There are people who do multiple deliveries. LFYT, Instacart, Door dash and make a living but they also have a partner that they live with to share expenses. The gas is about $3.79 a gal and up to over $ 4 depending on where you get it.
good luck !
Good to see some straight talk on this board. The cost of living in Phoenix is out of control. There is no way in creation where $4K per month is enough even if you could get it. Single people making nearly twice that can't afford a home and rents cost more than owning. Add to that the cost of everything else, it is just prohibitive. Consider Texas as it is more affordable and the quality of life certainly can't be worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area