Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 09:39 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You've put a lot of thought into this. What's your analysis of Tesla drivers going about their business in silence?
It's a lot of extra effort for me to race other cars when I'm driving the Tesla. I have to roll my window down at the stoplight, give the other driver my mean face and yell "vroom vroom!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 09:46 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Quote:
What a relief!
Yea glad. Do you drive a Tesla?

Old 12-23-2021, 10:35 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
You've put a lot of thought into this. What's your analysis of Tesla drivers going about their business in silence?
Just owning a Tesla is male peacocking. Look at me! Look at me!

Old 12-23-2021, 10:47 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If you’re being serious noaaa, they are pretty subtle, sure it might be a status car but I wouldn’t say it’s over the top peacocking at least. With the guys who drive cars or trucks with obnoxiously loud exhaust, it’s either over the top peacocking or just simply being an attention w****.

Now I will say the exception to this negative stigma of being obnoxious to 99.9 percent of the other drivers with a really loud exhaust would be having a super car of some sort.

Showboating with a $20,000 mustang and overly loud exhaust, pretty lame, and waaayyy too much road ego for the car. There’s a big imbalance.

Showboating with a $300,000 lambo or whatever, yea the road ego can be more justified and respected, imo. More balanced.

Old 12-23-2021, 10:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Showmanship is probably pretty low on the priority list for most Tesla buyers. For the money, you could get something way flashier.

Old 12-23-2021, 11:32 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
My wife got the Tesla merely so she could take the carpool lane on her way to work. She got the performance model for FUN. Showing off was probably not on her list of reasons. When I met her she had a small sports car and loved it, drove a minivan for the previous 8-10 years hauling kids so she earned the right

Last edited by asufan; 12-23-2021 at 12:16 PM..

Old 12-23-2021, 03:03 PM

369 posts, read 269,338 times
Default Nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Because they are all alpha dogs male peacocking to the opposite sex look at me look at me. They lack internal validation and have to excessively seek it out externally from complete strangers. Even just looking over at them while in traffic in complete disgust feeds their fragile egos attention which helps them thrive in the animal kingdom jungle we live in.

The probably all hold low prestige and low power positions in the job market so when on the streets they have to compensate and overly assert their dominance. Alpha males aren’t afraid to make noise. Basically when you hear or see on on the road you are a lesser status and lower in the wolf pack then they are.
My thoughts echo yours almost exactly.

I can't speak for every female because I know some of them are turned on by these alpha wannabes.

Speaking for me and some of my friends, when we see a dude in a loud car or giant pig-up truck, we immediately say he must be a low performer, and not just in his line of work.

Old 12-24-2021, 07:57 PM

42 posts, read 63,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
If you’re being serious noaaa, they are pretty subtle, sure it might be a status car but I wouldn’t say it’s over the top peacocking at least. With the guys who drive cars or trucks with obnoxiously loud exhaust, it’s either over the top peacocking or just simply being an attention w****.

Now I will say the exception to this negative stigma of being obnoxious to 99.9 percent of the other drivers with a really loud exhaust would be having a super car of some sort.

Showboating with a $20,000 mustang and overly loud exhaust, pretty lame, and waaayyy too much road ego for the car. There’s a big imbalance.

Showboating with a $300,000 lambo or whatever, yea the road ego can be more justified and respected, imo. More balanced.
Agreed, also with the rice burners that sound like my weedeater, another thing I don't get.
If you have a supercar, it deserves to be loud, Unless everyone on your block has one, then it's annoying again.
Those Huge lifted trucks? We all know what people think when the 5 foot tall dude falls out of the seat when he opens the door and everyone that see's him thinks " I know this guy must have a tiny chingus, lol

Old 12-24-2021, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,053 times
Noise pollution is defiantly a problem in Chandler and the valley in general.
Tonight for example, it's supposed to be Christmas eve aka "silent night"
Yet Morons in Chandler think this is a holiday to set off fireworks and scare every animal all night for hours.

Old 12-28-2021, 01:50 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasaltydog View Post
Noise pollution is defiantly a problem in Chandler and the valley in general.
Tonight for example, it's supposed to be Christmas eve aka "silent night"
Yet Morons in Chandler think this is a holiday to set off fireworks and scare every animal all night for hours.
Fireworks are a Christmas eve tradition in many parts of the world including Latin America where many Phoenix residents have roots. Fireworks that explode are not legal in AZ though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area