Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2022, 03:15 PM

41 posts, read 89,880 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Haven’t seen any posts about this recently to refer to.
I’m wondering if anyone lives in either Windmill Village or Blue Horizon. I currently live in Avondale but we’ve outgrown our house and the area has changed a lot. I’m looking for a more quiet, family friendly area. We viewed some houses in Tartesso yesterday and the houses had amazing prices and everything we wanted but it’s much too far and remote for my taste (I could never bring myself to drive 10 miles for a grocery store run or to get gas). I’d really like to stay in the Avondale/Goodyear area but there are very few homes that meet the criteria I’m looking for. Buckeye seems to be the best choice to get everything we need in our price range that doesn’t need massive amounts of work.

So, any thoughts? Or other communities we should look at?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 06:06 AM

6,125 posts, read 3,351,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmickey03 View Post
Hi everyone,

Haven’t seen any posts about this recently to refer to.
I’m wondering if anyone lives in either Windmill Village or Blue Horizon. I currently live in Avondale but we’ve outgrown our house and the area has changed a lot. I’m looking for a more quiet, family friendly area. We viewed some houses in Tartesso yesterday and the houses had amazing prices and everything we wanted but it’s much too far and remote for my taste (I could never bring myself to drive 10 miles for a grocery store run or to get gas). I’d really like to stay in the Avondale/Goodyear area but there are very few homes that meet the criteria I’m looking for. Buckeye seems to be the best choice to get everything we need in our price range that doesn’t need massive amounts of work.

So, any thoughts? Or other communities we should look at?

Thanks!
I consider Buckeye (south of I-10) to be ok, nothing great. I’d normally recommend against it, but it’s a noticeable step up from what Avondale has become.

The best part about living out there is that there is space between you and the undesirables. Avondale is just too close to Phoenix and Glendale and all of their crime problems. Another plus is that Buckeye still cares about policing, unlike Phoenix. Of course, you never know when that will change.

Sometimes you have to make a choice, safety over convenience. My policy is never sacrifice safety over anything, including price of the home.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I consider Buckeye (south of I-10) to be ok, nothing great. I’d normally recommend against it, but it’s a noticeable step up from what Avondale has become.

The best part about living out there is that there is space between you and the undesirables. Avondale is just too close to Phoenix and Glendale and all of their crime problems. Another plus is that Buckeye still cares about policing, unlike Phoenix. Of course, you never know when that will change.

Sometimes you have to make a choice, safety over convenience. My policy is never sacrifice safety over anything, including price of the home.

We’re South of I-10 now, so we were hoping to get north of 10 in Avondale or Goodyear but the inventory is extremely low and there’s nothing with the amount of beds/baths we need. Verrado would be my first choice if we had to go with Buckeye, but again, not enough beds/baths available in the houses we’ve seen. I was wondering if South of 10 in Buckeye would be better or about the same as it is in Avondale. If better, of course I’d be willing to take it more serious, but I don’t want to be somewhere that’s just as bad (or even worse) than where we are now. But like you said, you never know when an area can change. This was a pretty decent area when we moved in 6 years ago. Never would I have thought we’d have trouble finding a house in the West Valley with a $650k budget.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:04 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmickey03 View Post
We’re South of I-10 now, so we were hoping to get north of 10 in Avondale or Goodyear but the inventory is extremely low and there’s nothing with the amount of beds/baths we need. Verrado would be my first choice if we had to go with Buckeye, but again, not enough beds/baths available in the houses we’ve seen. I was wondering if South of 10 in Buckeye would be better or about the same as it is in Avondale. If better, of course I’d be willing to take it more serious, but I don’t want to be somewhere that’s just as bad (or even worse) than where we are now. But like you said, you never know when an area can change. This was a pretty decent area when we moved in 6 years ago. Never would I have thought we’d have trouble finding a house in the West Valley with a $650k budget.
Have you looked in the Canyon Trails/Las Brisas area of Goodyear (from Cotton Lane west south of I10). There are many homes built in the boom that look like small hotels (LOL) and plenty of new ones going up on the western end of that area. The area is a cut and more above Buckeye or Avondale but also pricier.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Have you looked in the Canyon Trails/Las Brisas area of Goodyear (from Cotton Lane west south of I10). There are many homes built in the boom that look like small hotels (LOL) and plenty of new ones going up on the western end of that area. The area is a cut and more above Buckeye or Avondale but also pricier.
Actually yes, the first home we viewed was in Las Brisas and one of my favorites but it wasn’t big enough. Unfortunately, there weren’t any for sale that met what we need. The issue we’re having is that we need 5 beds, 3 baths, and 3000 sq ft minimum. There are homes that fit the criteria but a lack of availability in the southwest valley. We’ve viewed all of them that are on the market (650 or less) with our realtor but they all needed SO much work. The only ones that were move in ready were the few we viewed in Blue Horizon, Tartesso, and possibly one in Windmill Village. I have about 8 more weeks until the interest rate I’m locked in at expires so hoping to find something before then.

Old 02-06-2023, 03:44 PM

11 posts, read 12,004 times
Windmill Village, by far. Blue Horizons is newer, but not as nice. Blue Horizons allows street parking and it looks like a Walmart parking lot in there. Windmill Village does not allow street parking which makes the neighborhood soooo much nicer. Windmill has much larger and more beautiful lots. The homes are set much further apart from each other. Blue Horizon homes are smack-dab on top of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area