Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 06:53 PM

42 posts, read 63,782 times

Advertisements

I never waived an inspection but did waive an appraisal. Trying to move a mountain of
belongings in a week while working full time was no picnic As we know appraisals are a scam. They always seem to be appraised for what the asking price is, funny how that works. But, you seem to have all the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 08:21 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbillhiccup View Post
I never waived an inspection but did waive an appraisal. Trying to move a mountain of
belongings in a week while working full time was no picnic As we know appraisals are a scam. They always seem to be appraised for what the asking price is, funny how that works. But, you seem to have all the answers.
If you didn’t waive the inspection, you had 10 days to do your due diligence. That’s the same as it would have been in a buyer’s market, so the market isn’t your problem.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:50 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
I learned my lesson when I bought my first house as a fairly ignorant 32 year old. After that I made sure to at least attempt to meet a next door neighbor or two when I was looking at a house. Bought a house next to someone renting as a Section 8 tenant. Had no idea that what that meant was one hard working single mother who was never home to corral her unruly children and for added measure there would be a rotating cast of non-working boyfriends who would often just sit with their friends and drink beer in the driveway all day.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
I learned my lesson when I bought my first house as a fairly ignorant 32 year old. After that I made sure to at least attempt to meet a next door neighbor or two when I was looking at a house. Bought a house next to someone renting as a Section 8 tenant. Had no idea that what that meant was one hard working single mother who was never home to corral her unruly children and for added measure there would be a rotating cast of non-working boyfriends who would often just sit with their friends and drink beer in the driveway all day.
Yes, you can also do all the research to the nth degree, and then as I said previously, you get a deadbeat neighbor move next to you sometime in the future, so all that vetting could be in vain if this happens and it does happen.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, you can also do all the research to the nth degree, and then as I said previously, you get a deadbeat neighbor move next to you sometime in the future, so all that vetting could be in vain if this happens and it does happen.
And yet again, that has absolutely nothing to do with the current market. That could happen anytime.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
And yet again, that has absolutely nothing to do with the current market. That could happen anytime.
I disagree but you seem to be a know-it-all and have all the answers. Having to pull the trigger on a home in a matter of minutes instead of taking days or a week to decide changes everything whether you agree or not... If you disagree and clearly do, please go harass someone else's thread.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:31 AM

55 posts, read 48,521 times
A wise real estate agent told me something I'll never forget and he said an *&^$% neighbor is always within 3 1/2 doors of you. And it's sad how true that is in many cases. And while the lower rent district may increase the odds of this rule being true, trust me, it happens in all price ranges.

Well, dogs barking, loud neighbors, yep. How irritating to say the least. And rude. Fortunately where we are is very quite but from time to time there's that yippee dog issue. And HOA's will only do so much. They have to hear the dog barking to issue a ticket and sometimes the yapping stops before they get there kind of thing. Some HOA's are very lax on the issue and won't even show up to enforce a matter. In the end, this loud rude neighbor thing is a nationwide thing of course and always been around but I think in the Phoenix metro that makes it far worse is everyone is elbows to you know close together in house distance. And we are hardscape galore where sound of let's say a barking dog carries even more. And as for vetting a neighborhood? Short of spending time in a prospective street in case an irritating neighbor is out, on vacation, it's really impossible to know what neighbors one has short of maybe knocking on a few doors and asking how quite the place is though the one door one knocks on might be the irritating neighbor who's dog barks hours a day and tells you "everything is great here!". And not to mention what's perfect today changes when some moron moves next to you in the future.

I see one solution, though not perfect, but as good as it gets, and it's moving with some land between you and the next human. Acres of space. A nice hill or mountain to back up to is nice. And that's what we are going to be doing in the not so distant future for several reasons and one of them indeed is to make space between me and people. We are considerate quiet neighbors to a fault if there's such a thing but the rest of the human specie in pockets isn't, and it's uncontrollable to a large degree, so it is what it is, we go with what's controllable, that's our plan, perhaps something to consider.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I disagree but you seem to be a know-it-all and have all the answers. Having to pull the trigger on a home in a matter of minutes instead of taking days or a week to decide changes everything whether you agree or not... If you disagree and clearly do, please go harass someone else's thread.
You still had the 10 day inspection period. How is that any different in this market than in a cooled off one?

Old 01-21-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You still had the 10 day inspection period. How is that any different in this market than in a cooled off one?
Don't go away mad, just go away! You can read the posts here that most don't support your rhetoric. There's always one in every crowd...

Old 01-21-2022, 04:07 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Don't go away mad, just go away! You can read the posts here that most don't support your rhetoric.
No reason to post the same thing as he does.

You don't really have an argument. You still get a due diligence period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: