Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 10:55 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,452,729 times

Advertisements

@OP - x2 for South Scottsdale (or North if u can find something within your budget)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 10:56 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Transliterations don't count.
That’s some AI program then if it can determine foreign language origins and exclude those from the criteria. What’s the significance of a surname ending in a vowel then?

Old 02-27-2022, 10:57 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
LMAO I think he means Spanish names like Villa or Montezuma and President names like Grant, Van Buren, Taylor and etc! Dude found a mathematical formula to determine the hood! Idk if I should laugh or cry!! Haha
Why not Italians? They have a high likelihood of a name ending in a vowel. What’s wrong with Italians? Seems very unscientific as many Spanish names don’t end in a vowel and many Anglo names do.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:40 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,481,369 times
Much of Phoenix's property crime are crimes of opportunity. Used to live near downtown in one of the historical neighborhoods. We lived two streets in off of 7th Street and our block rarely saw much activity. One time a homeless person broke into a storage shed and was chased off by our dogs. In four years, that was the only thing that happened.

But the block behind us was always getting hit pretty hard, cars would drive in off the main road and steal something. Then drive quickly back onto 7th Street. Plus the homeless and sketchy population walking down their street increased exponentially even though it was only 50 yards away. Confirmed with a family member in law enforcement, told me to never live one block off a main drag or on a street that empties onto a main street.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:29 AM

915 posts, read 1,191,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachaxel View Post
Appreciate the response, but go back reread the post real slow as the Surprise reference was only an example. In case you are unaware, when someone uses i.e. in a sentence or reference, that is short for in example!
i.e. stands for Latin id est, "that is".

I think the abbreviation you were trying for is e.g, exempli gratia, which means "for example".

You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area