Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2022, 12:50 PM

63 posts, read 73,456 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Now that I've been here about a year and have gotten settled and have (mostly) gotten my bearings, I'm ready to start finding a place to resume horse riding lessons, and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good stables? I realize this may be a longshot, but figured I'd ask anyway!

Pertinent details:

I'm in Midtown(ish), and I understand that I will have to drive a bit, and that's fine - it's not like I expect a barn 10 mins away!

I'm looking for a lesson barn, _not_ a trail riding place.

I did do a search of the forum, but the only threads I found about lessons and not trail rides are older and the barns seem to either have vanished, or no longer do lessons.

I have googled, and found some leads, but I've always found personal recs for barns to be WAY more helpful.

I'd prefer an English focused-barn (I've done both hunters and eventing, so am not too particular on the actual discipline of the barn), but am definitely open to Western if anyone has one they REALLY love.

I've ridden most of my life, but haven't done much in the last 5 years due to my previous barn in MA closing and then life happening, so I definitely want lessons for awhile.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 09:36 PM

843 posts, read 563,575 times
You can try Crossroads Farm in Gilbert. It may be a bit far to drive for you, but they do give Hunter/Jumper lessons. It's not in a rural area, kind of a unique suburban location landlocked behind a church, but the facility is good and it sounds like what you may be looking for.

https://crossroadsfarm.com/

My daughter rode English for ASU Equestrian 4-5 yrs ago, and the owner (who's quite reputable) was the coach so the ASU team would all train there.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 08-23-2022 at 09:46 PM..

Old 08-24-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post
You can try Crossroads Farm in Gilbert. It may be a bit far to drive for you, but they do give Hunter/Jumper lessons. It's not in a rural area, kind of a unique suburban location landlocked behind a church, but the facility is good and it sounds like what you may be looking for.

https://crossroadsfarm.com/

My daughter rode English for ASU Equestrian 4-5 yrs ago, and the owner (who's quite reputable) was the coach so the ASU team would all train there.
Awesome! Thank you - I'll look into them!!

Old 08-24-2022, 08:56 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times
Unfortunately, you will be driving to get to most stables.

My daughter started out with Chris over at Desert Trails Horsemanship but I think she may have moved to TN. We went to S.T.A.R.S. of Horsemanship in Gilbert for a while. They are associated with the East Valley Saddle Club for shows/competitions. I have heard good things about Nadir Riding Academy as well.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Unfortunately, you will be driving to get to most stables.

My daughter started out with Chris over at Desert Trails Horsemanship but I think she may have moved to TN. We went to S.T.A.R.S. of Horsemanship in Gilbert for a while. They are associated with the East Valley Saddle Club for shows/competitions. I have heard good things about Nadir Riding Academy as well.
Yeah, I've accepted that, and am used to it from living in Boston. Horses + city/dense suburbs do not work, so driving farther out is typical.

Thanks for the tips - I will add these to my list!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area