Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 10:29 AM

461 posts, read 1,810,630 times

Advertisements

Two extremely dull and boring questions:

First, someone recently told me that the Trolley in Scottsdale is not running this summer - is this true?

Second, exactly how do pest control tubes (in walls) work and are they worth it?

Hope you didn't fall asleep reading this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,758,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Two extremely dull and boring questions:

First, someone recently told me that the Trolley in Scottsdale is not running this summer - is this true?

Second, exactly how do pest control tubes (in walls) work and are they worth it?

Hope you didn't fall asleep reading this!
Pest control tubes are infrastructure that transfer the insecticide from the hookup on the outside of the house to the inside of the house. The advertising for these tubes is they allow less insecticide/pesticide to be used for the same effect.

I didn't have one in my house down there and, once I hired a pest service, had no problems with bugs.

I'd recommend saving your money on the tubes and instead hire a pest service.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:12 PM

919 posts, read 3,397,584 times
The trolley system is still running and has recently been expanded a bit. The newly added route goes from Old Town through S. Scottsdale and connects with the Tempe Orbit shuttle system, so one can essentially head between downtown Scottsdale, Mill Ave, Tempe Marketplace, etc. for free. I'd love to see this system keep expanding as many car trips are not across/town commute types, but simply a short hop to see a move, grab a bite or meet for happy hour. I'm happy to leave the car in the driveway for such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: