Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 03:12 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
No hurricanes, No sustained humidity, No tornados , no mudslides, no forest fires , No blizzards, no torrential rains, no River floods, lots of job offers, somewhat moderate pay , with the " promise of someday owning your own 350-400 K home " compare to NY, LA , Chicago , Houston ,............
Not to nitpick, but we DO get tornadoes here. Nowhere near as devastating as the midwest, but they happen. My roof was damaged in late 2019 from a small tornado in the area, to the point where I had to replace it.

And torrential tains and flooding? Absolutley we do get those things here, too.

Old 04-11-2024, 07:52 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
After reading many of the comments, it's interesting to note how the video mentions very little about weather & climate as one of the attractions of the area. In fact, the seriousness of the heat & drought is brought into focus much more. Nevertheless, the discussion always comes back to weather! Some of us care more about the job market and economy more than the silly argument about how it feels being in the direct sun when it's 115 degrees with low humidity. When temperatures climb that high, I'm usually in cooler locations anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 03:55 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7kkk View Post
Why do so many people live in such a hot place?
It is called AC. in the home, business and your car.
I remember back in the 1960s when AC was not common at all and Phoenix had few living there.
Well you have a good point but when those power grids are maxed out to the point of brown outs or other issues causing
complete blackouts (I've lived in Phx and later in Casa Grande) it becomes an issue. There are people who refuse to cut back or wait till after the peak points to run other things like dishwashers or dryers. But thank goodness for ac!
I didn't know there was 5 million people in Phx now, wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area