Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:59 PM

29 posts, read 94,272 times

Advertisements

Hideout? Sounds kinda excessive. Also, I don't think they track people down out of state.....I'm surprised nobody here knows this but I have heard that if your out of state to just ignore them...

Also, I want to move to Arizona but if they are going to revoke my license then that is not something I can really do...Its unfortunate my life will be screwed with so excessively and I can't just tell them I made a mistake and had no idea they were so strict and just pay a fine and be done with it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,144,930 times
The only areas of Rural Rd. that I can think of that quickly go from 45 to 35 are in schools zones and are posted 35 AT ALL TIMES. You're screwed. Enjoy.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:20 AM

29 posts, read 94,272 times
That is probably true....I'll probably just ignore them since my address is in MA and even if they finally catch up to me I can obviously just say I had no knowledge of the ticket....

Thats unfortunate I have to deal with this, I'm glad some of you think it is funny though....

Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 AM

812 posts, read 2,308,940 times
This hasn't happened to me for many years but I had like 4 tickets in a matter of like 1 1/2 year. Wickenburg.... (DO NOT USE YOU CELL WHEN DRIVING IN THAT TOWN....COPS DON'T LIKE IT, and it's dangerous Bagdad, Bullhead City and Phoenix, I deserved every ticket. I paid my tickets and took many years for insurance to go down because of it.

Certainly to not like AZ. or blame someone else cause I went over the limit even by just a little was my own fault, but people just a few miles in Wickenburg doesn't matter they will write that ticket! Thank goodness I never got in an accident, I had to go to driving school to get rid of a ticket and never went over the speed after that, even by a few miles!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:32 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,439,053 times
so wickenburg lives up to its name and its pretty wicked there, huh? Thanks Prinny...I be sure to stay da hell away from that wicked place!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM

812 posts, read 2,308,940 times
HA HA HA HA. I don't drive anymore but I'll tell ya, after my ticket there, I was spooked for a very long time. I didn't think I was speeding at all but since I was on the cell I got pulled over and I couldn't say anything about it, I understood. Needless to say I never spoke on the cell while driving after that either.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 AM

635 posts, read 1,748,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I just don't get all these people that come on here and complain about getting caught by the speed cameras. Then they claim that they are good drivers and it's not that bad. Whatever! You break the law, you pay! That's it. Stop making excuses and take responsibility for your actions. Let's all be adults. <---it's REALLY that THAT hard.

I think what the original poster was saying is it's not fair to be hit with a few tickets and be unaware of it until the state's next mailing date. She didn't know they check for speed using cameras, and got nabbed with a few tickets. There was a similiar guy on here a few months ago, and he talked about getting three tickets just on his way through Arizona!

Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I think what the original poster was saying is it's not fair to be hit with a few tickets and be unaware of it until the state's next mailing date. She didn't know they check for speed using cameras, and got nabbed with a few tickets. There was a similiar guy on here a few months ago, and he talked about getting three tickets just on his way through Arizona!
JesusLord, AMEN!!! HALELUJAH!

Sable, with your extreme views, perhaps maybe you should consider a move to El Paso, TX or Fayetville, AR. You might be a good fit there!

This is not a capital murder case, rather getting blind sided with 3 consecutive tickets in the MAIL for christ sakes!

Old 06-22-2008, 02:56 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,178,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
JesusLord, AMEN!!! HALELUJAH!

Sable, with your extreme views, perhaps maybe you should consider a move to El Paso, TX or Fayetville, AR. You might be a good fit there!

This is not a capital murder case, rather getting blind sided with 3 consecutive tickets in the MAIL for christ sakes!
First of all, my views are not extreme. If you call being a grown up being extreme then that's your problem. These are some of the things people exhibit when they come to therapy. Too many people complain too much and blame others for their problems too much (not taking personal responsibility). I KNOW more people should learn these things.

Secondly, why are you targeting me the most on this thread?? I'm certainly not the only one who has this view. I have a feeling that you like to argue with mods.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
First of all, my views are not extreme. If you call being a grown up being extreme then that's your problem. These are some of the things people exhibit when they come to therapy. Too many people complain too much and blame others for their problems too much (not taking personal responsibility). I KNOW more people should learn these things.

Secondly, why are you targeting me the most on this thread?? I'm certainly not the only one who has this view. I have a feeling that you like to argue with mods.
Sable,

My apologies...I got nottin but love for ya! It seems that your posts have more "umph" to it! Im not hatin....you have the right to state your views! Carry on...XOXO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area