Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM

824 posts, read 2,337,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A little redundant using the phrase "deflationary depression"
Adjectives are free and I think that concept of deflation is a bit foreign to some. An exurban house might cost 40 grand, but it will not be cheap to the person without much of an income.

Quote:
"Anything might happen, we are still in the beginning stages of this economic crisis."
I will have to disagree if you mean that there is way of putting off this long-awaited reckoning. Economic cycles have to play out, eventually, and I am certain that we have arrived at that point. Intervention and propping up failed enterprises will simply make it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 04:20 PM

458 posts, read 777,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Adjectives are free and I think that concept of deflation is a bit foreign to some. An exurban house might cost 40 grand, but it will not be cheap to the person without much of an income.

I will have to disagree if you mean that there is way of putting off this long-awaited reckoning. Economic cycles have to play out, eventually, and I am certain that we have arrived at that point. Intervention and propping up failed enterprises will simply make it worse.
Never underestimate the governments ability to put off the inevitable. There are many countries in Asia and the Middle East dependent on our continued survival. We could easily spend, borrow and print ourselves enough to keep things going for another 20 or 30 years. I agree at some point we will have to face the music, not totally sure it will be now.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:49 AM

8 posts, read 18,408 times
Default Humm.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Just moved here. Morrison homes is selling off their remaining lots to another builder and leaving Maricopa. '
Shea is finishing their Tortosa and leaving Maricopa.'
Ryland is building their less expensive homne from one development in their more expensive development.

Whats going on?
Seems like a sign of the times right now...I was out there in 1990... Goodyear area when houses were at most 125,000 Litchfield area, I worked behind Loral at Intertec Aviation in the Goodyear municipal airport, was short lived had to move out after Intertec closed up shop and pulled everything back to Fort Worth, Texas, I went to So. Cal. and am now back in New York where I started from.
Our housing market recently here on Long Island went from an average home 495,000 dropping a 100,000 to 395,000 and not only a drop but no one for the most part is buying....also the job market is a bit shakey...this sort of thing is what drove me from New York to Goodyear back in the late 80's early 90's it was considered a market crash. Our local newspaper jobs ads went from about 10 pages to one 3/4 page from Auto Tech to Zebra Trainer all on a three quarter length page, the aircraft business was doing well on west coast then so I joined the "NOMAD FORCES" and traveled afar for a new job venture. Hang tight and stick to a strict budget and all will in time pass it always does, just beware of ARM(Adjustable Rate) mortgages in tough times they can destroy folks. You can E-Mail me at benji2264@aol.com, let me know what times are like out there in my "old" neighborhood and if you have any knowledge on what is buzzing at the Goodyear municipal Airport these days? Perhaps the Aircraft work is doing better out there now? Thank You, John.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:25 AM

8 posts, read 18,408 times
Cool Bidding Wars!!!! They must have been car salesmen at some poinmt!!!

[quote=altus2006;4329128]You got this right! Bidding wars-baloney.

That is like saying the Banks are battling over possesion of all the Titled homes!!!! LOL What a crock of POOP!!!!
"When you feel its time and you have grown over sized NADS with enough money to back up your walk and talk then and only then will you strike a deal and dictate your terms".
Meaning folks dont play with folks that have what they want for too long and especially once they know for sure you are serious at consumating a real deal they will all listen...its only human nature to sell at a break even or slight profit or loss..... rather then hold at a
LOSS with all the other failed mortgages piling up on the banks desks!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM

18 posts, read 70,353 times
I would be interested to hear from those of you who posted here now, January 2009. What happened in Surprise and that general area? Is it a ghetto due to forclosures like the doomsdayers say? Thank you.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,074 times
I live in alaska have been looking in azizona. My husband could retire in 2013. Could pay cash. Think the market will still be low in 2013

Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,520,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lona J View Post
I live in alaska have been looking in azizona. My husband could retire in 2013. Could pay cash. Think the market will still be low in 2013
Nobody knows and nobody has a crystal ball, but here is my guess:
The market will bounce up-and-down between now and 2013, but overall it will go up, especially the bottom and somewhat the middle segments of the housing market.
If this question relates specifically to the town of Maricopa, I believe that their price-per-square-foot has been increasing over the last several months (could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that recently).

Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 PM

106 posts, read 361,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Nobody knows and nobody has a crystal ball, but here is my guess:
The market will bounce up-and-down between now and 2013, but overall it will go up, especially the bottom and somewhat the middle segments of the housing market.
If this question relates specifically to the town of Maricopa, I believe that their price-per-square-foot has been increasing over the last several months (could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that recently).

If it goes up at all or any, it will not be drastic. I think it will come down through 2012 and then level off, perhaps maintain after that for a few years. I am in the mortgage business in MN, and AZ is much worse. I can't of course comment specifically so as far as that direct area, who knows, as I am referencing "in general".

Old 01-04-2011, 01:43 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,520,818 times
From a quick Google search:
Html : Star Investigation: Recovering from Arizona
Fastest growing U.S. counties - Pinal County, Ariz. (2) - CNNMoney.com
News Article Details
Pinal County Home sales UP Oct-Nov 2010
It's not all bad news.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:35 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,520,385 times
want to see what people are thinking that live in Maricopa, try this

Maricopa360.com Community Forum - Index
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area