Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM

609 posts, read 2,118,870 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend nice developments and builders in Casa Grande
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,344,074 times
Well, I just bought in McCartney Ranch from Capital Pacific. Unfortunately, as is the case with many builders, they are not building anymore (I got one of the models and they have all sold now I believe.

DR Horton has several developments in town and the sign twirlers are out on the weekends so I know they are still trying to sell.

Basically keep your search NORTH of Cottonwood Ln and there will be several choices.

Villago is VERY nice as well as the other builder here in McCartney Ranch (Nicholas Homes I believe). There is a new Frys and associated stores going in at McCartney Rd and Pinal (Pinal being the main North/South road in town) and will open in a week or two. The dog park is right nearby and there is a freeway ramp to I 10 open now.

Of course CG is still not so big that you cant be to the main drag in town (Florence Blvd) where all main business is within 10 minutes on the surface streets - Walmart Supercenter, Home Depot, Lowes, many restaraunts and of course the new mall which is getting added to every day...OH, I saw a huge LA Fitness nearing completion also on Florence.

But the newer, nicer subdivisions are all north of Cottonwood. Most builders seem to be pricing between 75-100 per sq ft right now, but most places you are limited to whats left....not too many doing any NEW building (even at your request) with any discounts.

Hope this helps. I ve been here a month now and like it so far very much!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 PM

551 posts, read 2,726,846 times
I think Fulton might still be building in this same area -- just west of Pinal, on McCartney. Also, not sure if Ghost Ranch is already sold out, but it is very close to the 10 FWY, which makes commuting to the PHX area that much easier.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:10 AM

559 posts, read 1,464,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
DR Horton has several developments in town and the sign twirlers are out on the weekends so I know they are still trying to sell.
I would stay away from D.R. Horton, ive had a couple of bad experiences with them.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:40 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,407,146 times
There are some businesses that have lasted maybe a year or so there, but C G just wasnt really big enough to keep them going, and at the time, there just werent enough people, or the type of income to afford to go to those places. It was a smaller town with generally lower wages.
I do know theres a new mall there now and more people have moved there, so its hard right now to say how well many of those businesses are doing.
But I will admit, east of Central, north of Florence, and youre doing okay.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:09 AM

641 posts, read 2,367,318 times
There is a new one going up on Jimmie Kirr Blvd behind the outlet mall, but beware, rite across the street is a train track that runs a train every 15 min.

Ama

Old 07-09-2008, 04:20 PM

26 posts, read 87,995 times
Villago and Ghost Ranch are nice developments located at the northern part of Casa Grande and only a 20 minute drive to Chandler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area