Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:38 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,439,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie217 View Post
Some houses are dropping quite a bit. Saw a TW Lewis home which sold for 1.060,000 in 2006 going for $500,000. 4400 sq ft. basement, etc, but you need a buyer who can come up w/ 100k down, and there aren't many around. Also jumbo loans are harder to qual for. If you go to the website Phoenixflippers.com you see a lot of homes that have taken a big hit. Talked w/ a T.W. Lewis rep the other day, and their homes that were 623k right off the bat he said take 20% off. This is w/o haggling. Figure he would go deeper if you really wanted it.
I went to phoenixflippers.com and it looks like a ad website. where do you go from there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 AM

19 posts, read 34,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
I went to phoenixflippers.com and it looks like a ad website. where do you go from there?
try this:
Phoenix Flippers In Trouble

Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 AM

682 posts, read 2,568,524 times
Here are a few of my favorite sites for searching MLS listings. You have to sign up, but I have not been bugged by Realtors from the sites.

http://www.aznb.com

ZipRealty Real Estate -- Homes for sale and local real estate agents

Arizona Homes for Sale – AZ Real Estate – Relocating in Arizona (This one has not been updated in 4 days and I have no idea why.)

Phoenix foreclosures, Arizona Foreclosures, Phoenix HUD Homes

Craigslist is one of the poorer sites for listings, in my opinion. Also, I have found that if I email someone who put an ad on Craigslist I usually do not get an answer back from them.

altus2006

Last edited by altus2006; 08-01-2008 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-01-2008, 08:46 AM

682 posts, read 2,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Scottsdale south of McDowell is crashing in value......there are several single family homes here going for under $200K.
I don't know what you consider crashing in value, but to me, these old homes that require a lot of modernization and cash injection are not crashing. Instead they have been way overpriced and are coming down to a more reasonable level.

There are tons of new/newer homes on the market now for the same amount of $$$ that would be better buys, in my opinion, than these areas.

altus2006

Old 08-01-2008, 01:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,384,063 times
I still don't see Surprise as being too far away from anything. I know that there are those of you that think we are on another planet or smething, but I have yet to see a problem with living in the area. I have been on the 101 when it was creaping along in the afternoon. I have tried getting from Scottsdale to Surprise and Still I don't see that it is that big of problem. The deal is that you can get a great home in the community at a great price and still have money left over for living expenses, bills ect. I love it.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:17 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,179,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I still don't see Surprise as being too far away from anything. I know that there are those of you that think we are on another planet or smething, but I have yet to see a problem with living in the area. I have been on the 101 when it was creaping along in the afternoon. I have tried getting from Scottsdale to Surprise and Still I don't see that it is that big of problem. The deal is that you can get a great home in the community at a great price and still have money left over for living expenses, bills ect. I love it.
Have you officially moved here yet? If you have, you may want to change your profile so it's easier for us to know who lives here and who doesn't.

If you haven't moved here yet then it may be hard for you to see just how far it is to Surprise. Everyone I know (natives mostly), thinks that Surprise is very far. I actually have non-native friends who I work with (4 of them) who have 1 1/2 hr or more commutes and complain about how far it is. Thank goodness we don't work in downtown.

Plus, when you start making friends who don't live in Surprise you'll notice how far it is to meet up (especially with gas prices now). It seems we are all not wanting to drive too far and really want to find locations in the middle to be fair.

I do think that Surprise is a great place to live if someone is looking for a deal and doesn't mind a commute. I only hope you don't find a job in Tempe or Mesa, then you will understand. That seems to happen a lot. That's why we persuade others to find work first, then home. When you do find a job, depending on where it is, you may start noticing the commute. Remember, right now is summer and summers are always better traffic-wise.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 PM

64 posts, read 216,386 times
Quote:
Do you know if the most of PV SCO area sellers are negotiating down much?
If you contact a local Realtor s/he'll be able to send you a list of everything that has sold in the area you are interested in, in the past month or so. That way you can see the most recent list price and what it actually closed at.

Quote:
I know that there aren't too many qualified buyers right now.
I guess it depends where you are. Casa Grande is very low-priced right now and the sales volume this past June was the same as June 2005...which was the peak. There seem to be a lot of cash buyers out there right now, taking advantage of the bottom of the slump. I don't know what it's like in the pricier areas. We are certainly seeing homes that were in the $600s 2 years ago now going in the $300s - $400s. The smart private owners will ride out the storm, but you will probably be able to get good deals on construction loan foreclosures...if you don't mind doing a spot of landscaping ;-)

Old 08-02-2008, 10:18 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,439,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFSChick View Post
If you contact a local Realtor s/he'll be able to send you a list of everything that has sold in the area you are interested in, in the past month or so. That way you can see the most recent list price and what it actually closed at.

I guess it depends where you are. Casa Grande is very low-priced right now and the sales volume this past June was the same as June 2005...which was the peak. There seem to be a lot of cash buyers out there right now, taking advantage of the bottom of the slump. I don't know what it's like in the pricier areas. We are certainly seeing homes that were in the $600s 2 years ago now going in the $300s - $400s. The smart private owners will ride out the storm, but you will probably be able to get good deals on construction loan foreclosures...if you don't mind doing a spot of landscaping ;-)
Thanks for the info!

P.S. Casa Grande? ehhh gave me the creeps! j/k

Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM

Here's some stats I just pulled off on Scottsdale - all SF homes closed between 7/2/2008 and 8/2/2008 - attached. Looks like they are negotiating.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me make this very clear....-image002.jpg  

Old 08-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info!

P.S. Casa Grande? ehhh gave me the creeps! j/k
Maybe you should pay it a visit some time. It's not the same town it was 5 years ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area