Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:42 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Are you kidding? If anything, F&E has been contrarian in the retail industry about their approach towards products. They seem intent on sourcing the best, regional suppliers. If you read the before-mentioned article on how they chose Phoenix-based Bertos to be their supplier of Gelato, it shows a grocer that is almost obsessed with quality and knowing every aspect of their supply chain. They require Bertos, for example, to continually test their products beyond industry norms and know exactly where every ingredient comes from. And the Berto folks readily admit that it's a much tougher standard that they've ever been held to, but they've since adopted the same practices across all of their product lines, no matter who is buying.

I'll happily support F&E because they support regional suppliers who strive to produce a better product.
as that is right here in AZ. watch out for the imported mystery food though, where the box or bag will say distributed by Fresh and easy. Where did it come from up till then? you will be fine if you stick to purchaseing local companies product, sure. And. nope, Im not kidding .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 AM

339 posts, read 1,263,465 times
If fresh & easy is anything like Tesco, then you should be able to ask someone in the store exactly where the products have come from, and they should be able to direct you to where you can find out if they can't tell you themselves.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:05 AM

919 posts, read 3,398,909 times
Most of the products I've bought are from California, except for speciality products such as Spanish cheese, which is shockingly from Spain, or Italian specialities from Italy. Otherwise, the bulk of products are domestic.

They've only opened stores in CA, AZ and NV precisely because they want to source most products within a relatively small distribution footprint. If anything, my biggest complaint with F&E is that the food is primed for immediate use, not chock full of preservatives and other things to extend the shelf life. I end up buying more than I can consume right away.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,901 times
Default I might have to go for a visit and check out the labels

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Most of the products I've bought are from California, except for speciality products such as Spanish cheese, which is shockingly from Spain, or Italian specialities from Italy. Otherwise, the bulk of products are domestic.

They've only opened stores in CA, AZ and NV precisely because they want to source most products within a relatively small distribution footprint. If anything, my biggest complaint with F&E is that the food is primed for immediate use, not chock full of preservatives and other things to extend the shelf life. I end up buying more than I can consume right away.
I do like that they state they use US meat, I really fear getting a pack of hamburger from asia or something I think the USDA is trying to pervent labeling of meats origins, so we can't be an informed consumer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area