Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,353,604 times

Advertisements

Besides secretly killing the dog, which I wouldn't do (just yet), what can be done about this? I have some neighbors who leave their dog outside all day every day and it barks like it's on some kind of audio tape loop. I don't know how a living creature can bark this much for so long every day. I work from home, so it's especially annoying. It was much worse before it got hot out when we kept the windows open. I don't understand the point of owning a pet you're never home to be around and then just letting it bark all day and annoy the neighbors. And when they get home, they can only walk it on a leash. What kind of life is that for a dog? Sure, I have no problem knocking on their door and trying to be nice about it the first time. But what can I do if/when they ignore me and it continues? Will the police come after me for wasting their time if I call them? Or do they take this kind of stuff seriously.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
A similar scenario occurred down here a few years ago, Rick

Frequent, if now daily, calls to both the Local Police (non-emergency) as well as to the Animal Control Authorities finally solved our problem.

There are some very strict laws on the books, not certain if they are local or state, that are only enforced if complaints are received. Dogs are not allowed to be chained or tied to a fixed object. Dogs must have adequate water and food at all times plus they must have access to protection from the harsh weather.

The list is much more extensive and I have a feeling, the dog is barking due to one of these items being blatantly ignored.

Good Luck

Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
Do you have an HOA? That always helps me when this has happened.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:02 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
OK, enough fun and gross comments. Let's get back on topic.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,353,604 times
No, I'm not Korean. I'm an angry white male. We do have an HOA, but I never deal with them, as I'm renting now. But I will look into that route before I look into "wet work".

Old 08-03-2008, 04:43 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,293,738 times
Although I am across the country, this is a universal problem. So much that, there's an entire website dedicated to it. Check out : www.barkingdogs.net as it explains why people knowingly keep barking dogs, and that most will get belligerent when confronted about it. We had to move from a house we loved because of this very reason.
I wish you luck, and I really mean that. It is sad when those who create the problem will not correct it, then blame you for causing trouble.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:42 PM

146 posts, read 738,542 times
Check your city and county ordinances. Here in Mohave County, if a dog barks for longer than 10 minutes at a time, it is considered an offense. The catch is, you have to have at least one other neighbor to back up the complaint.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Although I am across the country, this is a universal problem. So much that, there's an entire website dedicated to it. Check out : www.barkingdogs.net as it explains why people knowingly keep barking dogs, and that most will get belligerent when confronted about it. We had to move from a house we loved because of this very reason.
I wish you luck, and I really mean that. It is sad when those who create the problem will not correct it, then blame you for causing trouble.
That's just NOT RIGHT, Sirron!

It would be a cold day in hell before I would move from a home I loved because of a disrespectful lawbreaking neighbor.

Constant calls to the authorities will definitely fix the problem but it does take tenacity.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 PM

146 posts, read 738,542 times
oh here ya go.....

Barking Dog Information Center (http://email.phoenix.gov/LAW/bark0.html - broken link)

Phoenix Bark Law! LOL
Theres even a hotline you can call to have information sent to the barking dog owner. They will also mail you a barking dog petition to have your neighbors sign.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRiverRat View Post
oh here ya go.....

Phoenix Bark Law! LOL
Theres even a hotline you can call to have information sent to the barking dog owner. They will also mail you a barking dog petition to have your neighbors sign.
Great find, AZRiverRat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area