Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM

27 posts, read 209,470 times

Advertisements

I noticed the stats for Fountain Hills say mostly white and mostly high income. Do you have any gangs in your schools? Any adult gang activity? How is the drug problem in your schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 04:13 PM

453 posts, read 1,628,489 times
my son goes to Fountain Hills high school, he says there are drugs and alcohol. He hasn't said anything about gangs. Alot of rich kids go there and think they rule!!! There are skater dudes, normal kids, a few devil worshipers, you name it, they have it. I think drugs are all over no matter where you go. You just have to raise your kids not to do them, but peer pressure is awful at the teenage years. Sports are often picked by who you are, if your mom and dad are rich, you get on the team, if not, then you don't. My son loves basketball but refused to go out for tryouts because of this. Why do you ask?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:00 PM

13 posts, read 79,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
Sports are often picked by who you are, if your mom and dad are rich, you get on the team, if not, then you don't.
So if my son was a 16 year old Michael Jordan or Ladanian Tomlinson and we were poor, he wouldn't get picked for the team? That is either the worst athletic city on earth, or sour grapes.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:40 AM

27 posts, read 209,470 times
I know that some kids at any school will do drugs, so I'm not sure why I added that stupid sounding question! I guess I wanted to know if it was a big problem. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you get on the sports teams just because your mom or dad is rich. I think with athletics, the desire to have players who can win all your games far outshadows economic prejudice. Also, I'm surprised someone who is not well off could even live in Fountain Hills. I looked for a 4 bedroom home in the $500,000 range and there was nothing decent at all. It definitely seems you have to be quite well off to live in fountain Hills.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:50 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you get on the sports teams just because your mom or dad is rich.
Yes and no. If you have two kids, nearly equal in ability; the kid with the wealthy parents will almost always get on the team before the other kid. It's based on ability but money is usually the tie-breaker.

And $500,000 doesn't get you much home in Fountain Hills. For a large 4 bedroom home, you're looking at $800,000 or more. It's an upscale area with upscale prices.

Drugs and alcohol are in every school, even the wealthy ones. However, there is very little gang activity in Fountain Hills which is a major plus.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Just beware of the creeps that hang around the fountain at any given time of the day. Every single frickin time I go down there, I get bugged by some creep wanting to sell me drugs. No joke, its happened 3 times now.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Just beware of the creeps that hang around the fountain at any given time of the day. Every single frickin time I go down there, I get bugged by some creep wanting to sell me drugs. No joke, its happened 3 times now.
I'm tellin' ya Steve, it's that Cubs jersey! People see that and think you're either a masochist and/or on drugs!

Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
I'm tellin' ya Steve, it's that Cubs jersey! People see that and think you're either a masochist and/or on drugs!
LOL

Hey, I could wear a Diamonbacks, er, excuse me, a "D-backs" (those new jerseys are absolutely hideous) jersey and blend in with everyone, but thats no fun. LOL I take pride in the Cubs, heck, theyve been playing baseball waaay before AZ was even part of the union. Think about that for a minute. LOL Maybe the bright colors on my Cubs/Blackhawks/Bears jerseys attract junkies? LOL

Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,939 times
Wow.....Shocked by what I have read regarding FH on this website. I have had 2 kids go through the program, one sat the bench, one strarted on the 3X state championship team, both deserved. We most certainly aren't the the most wealthy family in town, but no coach wants to lose. Perhaps, you need to really be honest about your childs skill level, as no coach wants to lose!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:48 PM

15 posts, read 40,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
LOL

Hey, I could wear a Diamonbacks, er, excuse me, a "D-backs" (those new jerseys are absolutely hideous) jersey and blend in with everyone, but thats no fun. LOL I take pride in the Cubs, heck, theyve been playing baseball waaay before AZ was even part of the union. Think about that for a minute. LOL Maybe the bright colors on my Cubs/Blackhawks/Bears jerseys attract junkies? LOL
LOL...Arizona wasn't even a state when the Cubs last won the series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area