Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 02:38 PM

824 posts, read 2,337,569 times

Advertisements

"There will come a bust in every boom," said Bill Bridwell, a Casa Grande real estate broker. "Everything just got out of control."

Foreclosures in Pinal are on track to hit 9,790 this year, according to numbers from the Pinal County Recorder's Office. That would be up more than 100 percent from last year.

"It's a sad number," said Pinal County Recorder Laura Dean-Lytle.
In comparison, Pima County foreclosure filings are up 43 percent so far this year, according to data firm RealtyTrac.

---

"This house was a really good deal," said Jeremy Willistein,26 who paid $165,000 for a 1,300-square-foot entry-model home last year.

---

Affordability was Red Rock's biggest selling point from the time it opened in January 2007. Then, its lowest-priced home started in the $160,000s. Now after price decreases, the starting price is $129,000, and Pulte is working on a new floor plan that would be priced even lower, Chlarson said.

Red Rock hanging on | www.azstarnet.com (http://www.azstarnet.com/business/251919 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 AM

624 posts, read 1,248,302 times
The same people who sold homes for $350000 plus to people who couldn't afford the house are now telling the truth? I would not believe the media, the bank nor the agent. Their goal is to take your money , just like before.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:03 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,788,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
"There will come a bust in every boom," said Bill Bridwell, a Casa Grande real estate broker. "Everything just got out of control."

Foreclosures in Pinal are on track to hit 9,790 this year, according to numbers from the Pinal County Recorder's Office. That would be up more than 100 percent from last year.

"It's a sad number," said Pinal County Recorder Laura Dean-Lytle.
In comparison, Pima County foreclosure filings are up 43 percent so far this year, according to data firm RealtyTrac.

---

"This house was a really good deal," said Jeremy Willistein,26 who paid $165,000 for a 1,300-square-foot entry-model home last year.

---

Affordability was Red Rock's biggest selling point from the time it opened in January 2007. Then, its lowest-priced home started in the $160,000s. Now after price decreases, the starting price is $129,000, and Pulte is working on a new floor plan that would be priced even lower, Chlarson said.

Red Rock hanging on | www.azstarnet.com
That article was published on August 10, 2008. Old News. A lot has changed since then.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
"That article was published on August 10, 2008. Old News. A lot has changed since then."
The excerpt and link were not "Old News" when I posted them on August 14, 2008.

But you are right that much has changed since 2008 in regards to monthly foreclosure filings in Arizona. They are higher now. And I am confident that prices at the mentioned subdvisions are lower in 2009.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,788,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
The excerpt and link were not "Old News" when I posted them on August 14, 2008.

But you are right that much has changed since 2008 in regards to monthly foreclosure filings in Arizona. They are higher now. And I am confident that prices at the mentioned subdvisions are lower in 2009.
I didn't notice the date you posted. It looks like someone just happened to see it now and decided to use it to make another blast at realtors.

Yes I would also guess that houses there are lower, and it does look like the number of foreclosures in May will be higher.

However, I believe that the foreclosures and any resets that actually cause people to not be able to afford the mortgage and have to sell, will be absorbed. Of course that is a personal opinion, but I base it on what I see happening duiring the past year in the inventory decline/sales increase, along with the current buyers coming in. Plus the decline in inventory of the homes on up to $350k.

As of May 25, there were 9292 sales of all types in the valley, so we'll probably hit 10,000 total for May. The 9292 number for May is 74% greater than on this date last year.

The sales for the year to date, is up 48% greater than the same year to date period in 2008.

There are also 13,900 Pending sales, which is a very good indicator that June sales will also be strong.

I venture to guess that during the slow season for sales, we'll still see a high number because of the $8000 tax credit, and the rush to take advantage of it; and the still low interest rates.

Prices have begun to creep higher in more areas. In the beginning it was only Queen Creek that saw a price increase. Now we're seeing it in other areas, and of course. people on CD are reporting multiple bids, and getting out bid for properties.

It is a waiting game to see how this will play out during the rest of the year, but for now things are looking more positive for the market every day.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 PM

307 posts, read 954,669 times
Thumbs down useless article

This article is useless now...

I don't even suppose you would use this to make a determination to buy or not buy a home...

I mean really, what's the point...

At the azcentral site there is a more relevant article today regarding home prices for the First Quarter of 2009.

Much more relevant than a article from August 2008...

Old 05-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Sometimes I forget that reading comprehension skills vary dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area