Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM

8 posts, read 14,544 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]To Anyone Who Reads This:
My name is Miranda Rhuda. I am 25 years old and I am from Ohio.
In 1996, my mother Joyce Darlene Patterson, age 53, went missing from Ohio.
Since that time, I have continually searched for her with no assistance and no outcome. Recently, I found public records with her name and date of birth listed online. She is in Phoenix (somewhere). The last address given to the police in September 2007, was 813 W. Madison Street. This address is an industrial building which is boarded up. I know this because a man named Jeff Knapp, who is doing homeless ministries, has assisted me in checking it out.
I believe that she may be homeless. She may be a drifter. In the past, she has been an alcoholic and has had very serious mental issues. I really need to find her for family reasons and mostly so that I can get her off the streets and get her treatment. There is no reason for her to be homeless and/or stealing to provide for herself. She is 5 ft. tall, 117 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes. Her Date of Birth is 07/18/1956.
I am enclosing pictures of her. I would appreciate any help that you may be able to give me. If you could please post this somewhere or forward it on to someone who may be able to help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
If you or anyone else, has any information, please send me an email at [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]misswriter415@aol.com[/SIZE][SIZE=3] or call me at 567-219-0095. I can also be reached by mail at the following: Miranda N. Rhuda, 415 Dewey Street, Sandusky, Ohio, 44870.
Thank you and God Bless,
Miranda Rhuda
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,714,309 times
Very sorry for your situation. Hope you find her.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:51 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,868,164 times
I, too, am very sorry for this situation your Mom finds herself in...and for your worry. It must be terrible for you.

I know the area that she listed as an address...and I agree with the Minister that was helping you, this is an area where the homeless congregate.

My only advice to you would be to somehow find a way to come down here for a few days and actually check the area out. If she is an alcoholic and homeless there is a chance that she is part of the relatively small (unlike for example Los Angeles) homeless group in the downtown area. It seems I see a lot of the same people every time I'm in the area, especially at breakfast, lunch and dinner times around the mission.

I'm sorry this is the only advice I know to give you, but knowing the area as I do, I think it would be worth a shot. At 53 she is still relatively young and with help she might be able to live a good life.

If you need specific areas to look, just message me and I'll give you all the help I can. If you want to make up flyers, I would be happy to spend an hour or two and post them in that area.

Good luck.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 AM

Default Miss Elmonellie

"My only advice to you would be to somehow find a way to come down here for a few days and actually check the area out." I wish that I had the time and money to do that, however I do not. Unfortunately my sister has followed in my mother's addiction shoes and I have just recently checked her into a rehabilitation clinic. I have my baby nephew, age 19 months, and my three kids. I am currently providing daycare in the home to make some money and going to school. I am struggling to make ends meet and support my family. A vacation to Phoenix is just not in the budget. However, my friend Jeff Knapp, the one I said was helping me, has checked the area out for me. He has also gone to Margaret Hance Park for me. He is posting flliers where he can and has sent some to me.

If she is an alcoholic and homeless there is a chance that she is part of the relatively small (unlike for example Los Angeles) homeless group in the downtown area. It seems I see a lot of the same people every time I'm in the area, especially at breakfast, lunch and dinner times around the mission. Do you work down there, that you see the same people a lot? You say "around the mission" - what mission is that? Do you have a Title, Address, or Phone Number?

I'm sorry this is the only advice I know to give you, but knowing the area as I do, I think it would be worth a shot. At 53 she is still relatively young and with help she might be able to live a good life. I believe that you are completely correct in saying so. She would still be able to get to know and embrace her four grandchildren that she has, if we could get her home and fixed up. I was the only one that cared enough when she was home and I was just a kid. Well, I need her to know that I still care enough and I am an adult, with the ability to actually do something to help her now.

If you need specific areas to look, just message me and I'll give you all the help I can. If you want to make up flyers, I would be happy to spend an hour or two and post them in that area. I would love any specific areas to look and any suggestions that you may have. If you will give me your e-mail address, I can e-mail one to you, that you can print and post. That would be a blessing in itself. You don't know what it means, after all of these years, to find some people who actually care enough to help!

God Bless You for Caring... he will give you blessings times two!
Sincerely,
Miranda Rhuda

Old 09-04-2008, 06:47 AM

Default Need to get her face out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Very sorry for your situation. Hope you find her.
Thank you for your thoughts! It is appreciated that you have dropped a message. However, I am not trying to gain sympathy, it gets me nowhere in my situation. I am trying to get pictures out to anyone that I can in the Phoenix area. If you are willing to allow me to send you a picture, please e-mail me at misswriter415@aol.com

Thanks again!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 AM

Default Mother, Joyce Patterson, officially proclaimed Missing

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that after 12 years, 6 letters to the Phoenix PD and five denials from them, they have officially declared my mother as a Missing Person. They have put her into the National Missing Person Database so that if they come into contact with her, it will be flagged. Wish me luck in this new detail!

Thank you everyone for you kind words and offer to help!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,264,051 times
I am so sorry to hear of your situation, but happy to hear of the help from the police. On this forum there is a "People Find" section and I urge you to post there too as there are about 3 or more experts on it that are awesome in finding people, and they know resources like websites to put in Social Security numbers if you have one etc. They are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswriter415 View Post
I just wanted to post and let everyone know that after 12 years, 6 letters to the Phoenix PD and five denials from them, they have officially declared my mother as a Missing Person. They have put her into the National Missing Person Database so that if they come into contact with her, it will be flagged. Wish me luck in this new detail!

Thank you everyone for you kind words and offer to help!

Old 12-04-2008, 05:41 AM

Thank you for the People Find recommendation.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 PM

I am deeply saddened to report that my mother Joyce Darlene Patterson is no longer a missing person. She passed away in March of 2007. I was not notified because the Phoenix Police refused to list her as a Missing Person before Nov of 2008. She was buried in an "unclaimed" burial plot. I was never given the opportunity to say goodbye, ID her remains or hold a service for her.
At least now, mom will be at peace and I can begin to heal.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:59 AM

270 posts, read 1,112,992 times
I am so sorry to hear that. May your mom rest in peace! And I hope you will find healing and peace also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: