Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,365,441 times

Advertisements

More dam* liberals with their heads up their arses. Folks, Phoenix has a lot of diversity and it's not boring. Well, maybe boring if you live in Gilbert, but there are plenty of fun and young and diverse places to live too. After reading so many threads here, lurking and posting on and off, I'm really starting agree with the old timers on this thread-- these whining complaining SOBs need to get the he** out. Another observation I have is the complainers seem to all be flaming liberals. Not that PHX is even conservative; it's pretty middle of the road politically, actually. Don't let the door hit you in the you know what, dudes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 05:11 AM

136 posts, read 464,540 times
I am a republican, and I don't "celebrate diversity" in Phoenix or anywhere for that matter. It's just not something that is going to play a role in where I live. It doesn't matter what color skin my nieghbor has.

And boring? I'd live in the middle of nowhere (with nothing to do, now that's boring! )if they had the good schools, and jobs that Phoenix has. I think the relative simplicity is why us republicans love this city.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,106,784 times
For one, hispanic is considered white to African Americans, at least in my family and all the people I know, (besides we have been getting rid of the illegal ones lately)
For two, this state will be for McCain, no questions asked, it will be, it's always gone to the republican nomine. We are a big RED state every four years.
For three, I'm a independent before you peg me as a dem., while I think dems are just as retarded, they aren't as boring as repub. you have to admit that one.

Five, this election is about race and sex, it's not about issues, we will see if prejudice has really gone from this country or not. It will be an eye opener. If the dems guy was white he would have already won, no way after Bush would this be a contest. The reason I hear most when people say they are not voting for Obama is the fact that they are not ready for a black president. I wonder if they would have been ready for a hispanic? They are obviously ready for a woman, she will probably end up being president by the end of McCains term. The dems probably regret the Hilary issue. I hope at least after this election that people are aware that prejudice is still alive in this country and stop trying to say that it doesn't exsist anymore.

And five, the guy who post this is a troll and probably was trying to bring some excitement back to this thread. Ignor it.

If we really don't want teams to vote for and want to bring this country together, which we don't, we would all be voting independent. It's like football or a war, we Americans like teams to be on. We like to pick a side. It's in our nature, it's true I think for all human beings, just my theory.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,046,180 times
I think Arizona is an enigma in the world of politics, to be quite blunt, we are very diverse politically and socially. Our governor, twice elected, is a female who may very well be a lesbian but who chooses to keep her sexuality in the home; WHERE IT SHOULD BE. Arizona has one of the largest number of gay elected officials that included a popular mayor in Tempe. One of the most populous districts in Phoenix elected Simena (I think is her name) who is VERY, VERY liberal and actually reminds me of my friends and of politicians in Washington State and Seattle. Her ranks are growing in all regions of the state; from Flagstaff to Tucson liberal dems and GOLDWATER Republicans rule. McCain is and has been very old Arizona Republican (UNTIL HE RAN FOR PRESIDENT). That means that he is fiscally conservative yet socially liberal. Ken Cheuvront, a leader in the Arizona State Senate is a good friend of McCain, is very popular in Arizona and happens to be gay.

Hispanic and Black owned businesses are making strong inroads in Arizona and the illegal immigration question is not a race issue, but an issue of what is fair.

And to be honest, I'm not so sure McCain will carry Arizona. His politics have changed so much in order to court republicans from outside of Arizona; which do not fit with Arizona's republican population. I think for the first time since Bill Clinton, the dems will carry Arizona for the White House.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:21 PM

105 posts, read 376,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
It's hard to believe that some think there's no diversity here. There are quite a few areas where no English is spoken, and Spanish is the predominant language. Tempe has a very diverse culture, as does many parts of Phoenix. Maybe somebody can explain exactly what would be defined as "diversity".

Phoenix is boring like the Republican Convention??? Quite frankly, I find both major political parties and their conventions to be quite boring and redundant. How that compares to Phoenix is beyond me. I won't argue the fact that Phoenix needs to be more vibrant for a city of its size. The problem is that so many proposals are drafted, and even voted in favor of, but then they're delayed or scrapped for different reasons.
How is spanish being spoken a good thing? This is the USA my grandparents where respectful enough to learn English but yet some people today feel different? Phoenix is a US city in the USA where English is the language!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
More dam* liberals with their heads up their arses. Folks, Phoenix has a lot of diversity and it's not boring. Well, maybe boring if you live in Gilbert, but there are plenty of fun and young and diverse places to live too. After reading so many threads here, lurking and posting on and off, I'm really starting agree with the old timers on this thread-- these whining complaining SOBs need to get the he** out. Another observation I have is the complainers seem to all be flaming liberals. Not that PHX is even conservative; it's pretty middle of the road politically, actually. Don't let the door hit you in the you know what, dudes!
RIGHT ON DUDE!!! This diversity BS is just that---BS. I do not care if you are black or latino or white or asian. But for god sakes when you are in Rome do as the Romans! When you are in the USA speak the language and come in legally.

Diversity is good but so is medicine for a headache. Question if you take too much medication for a headache like 4 bottles is that good? Neither is diversity that is going extreme. If you can be loyal to the USA get out! If you can not respect our flag and our language get out! These are simple things that are not asking a lot.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,727,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oak999 View Post
How is spanish being spoken a good thing? This is the USA my grandparents where respectful enough to learn English but yet some people today feel different? Phoenix is a US city in the USA where English is the language!
English is NOT the language of the United States. Where is the statement in the constitution that says, "english is the offical language of the united states."

We are NOT people of England, we are people of the United States of America. We are Welsh, Irish,Scottish,Chinese,Mexican,German,Danish,Polis h,Japanese,Korean,Iranian, Egyptian, South African, ect. It's very sad that people can't see that.

If you want your language to be officially English, move to England then. I'm sure the Brits would love to hear your yankee English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oak999 View Post
RIGHT ON DUDE!!! This diversity BS is just that---BS. I do not care if you are black or latino or white or asian. But for god sakes when you are in Rome do as the Romans! When you are in the USA speak the language and come in legally.
What happens when the standard language is invented and it has nothing to do with English?

Old 09-06-2008, 01:41 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,329,261 times
There are wide variety of people in central Phoenix where I live. I have been in my neighborhood more than 2 decades and it always been quite diverse.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
English is NOT the language of the United States. Where is the statement in the constitution that says, "english is the offical language of the united states."

We are NOT people of England, we are people of the United States of America. We are Welsh, Irish,Scottish,Chinese,Mexican,German,Danish,Polis h,Japanese,Korean,Iranian, Egyptian, South African, ect. It's very sad that people can't see that.

If you want your language to be officially English, move to England then. I'm sure the Brits would love to hear your yankee English.

What happens when the standard language is invented and it has nothing to do with English?
The founders of this country where British. In order to come in legally and gain citizenship you HAVE to learn basic English! This country does have one common language--English. I am in my country my family and myself have served for it. If you do not like I suggest you leave!

Could you imagine if everyone kept their language. NO ONE WOULD UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER!! Please grow up. This is the USA our flag is the red white and blue our language is English. Deal with it or get out.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,985,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Yes, it is dull as unbuttered toast. Please stay where you are.
Yes very boring here, they should stay away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area