Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,022,154 times

Advertisements

Living in Phoenix has been an interesting experience. I have found this city and state to be extremely hard to pin down in terms of politics and social issues. The live and let live, Barry Goldwater-ness is very much a way of life here. It seems this elecition year will prove this even moreso.

I like McCain, but cannot stand Palin and therefore, cannot vote for a McCain/Palin ticket. It seems more and more Arizonans feel the same way. What many people do not understand about Arizona is that although it appears to be a red state in the eyes of the nation, it is very much an anomaly and not easily defined like other red states such as Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. Arizona is not conservative in a way that is definable or even comparable to other states. This will be an interesting election year.

Poll shows presidential race too close to call

Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 AM

687 posts, read 1,947,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Living in Phoenix has been an interesting experience. I have found this city and state to be extremely hard to pin down in terms of politics and social issues. The live and let live, Barry Goldwater-ness is very much a way of life here. It seems this elecition year will prove this even moreso.

I like McCain, but cannot stand Palin and therefore, cannot vote for a McCain/Palin ticket. It seems more and more Arizonans feel the same way. What many people do not understand about Arizona is that although it appears to be a red state in the eyes of the nation, it is very much an anomaly and not easily defined like other red states such as Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. Arizona is not conservative in a way that is definable or even comparable to other states. This will be an interesting election year.

Not to mention the influx of Californians in recent years.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:40 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,703,682 times
I've never liked Mccain or Kyl. Both are horrible people. I drive by Kyl's office everyday and wonder what a white paint balloon would look like splattered on his front door.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:52 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I've never liked Mccain or Kyl. Both are horrible people. I drive by Kyl's office everyday and wonder what a white paint balloon would look like splattered on his front door.
I say you should go for it.

I'm sure vandalism of a door will really make an impact on the Senator.

Hope you like your bologna sandwiches green. I hear that's what they are serving at the county jail.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
I say you should go for it.

I'm sure vandalism of a door will really make an impact on the Senator.

Hope you like your bologna sandwiches green. I hear that's what they are serving at the county jail.
I am no fan of the Neo-Cons or the libs' either.............but; I am with you 100% that a vandal needs to spend some 'quality time' with Sheriff Joe as well

Old 10-29-2008, 06:12 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post

Palin tipped it away from McCain for me as well.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 AM

824 posts, read 2,337,060 times
Quote:
"McCain in Danger of Losing Arizona"
I really don't buy it.

I guess that I will stick with the official poll next Tuesday.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,948,188 times
Glad to hear it, I was thinking my vote for Obama wasn't really going to count since Arizona was going to McCain anyway, but it looks like that's not the case and my vote is important as ever.

Glad to hear that Palin screwed it up for McCain too...what the hell was he thinking?

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM

101 posts, read 383,503 times
Quote:
Glad to hear that Palin screwed it up for McCain too...what the hell was he thinking?
Two people on an internet forum have you convinced that Palin 'screwed it up for McCain'? Guess you are choosing to ignore the rest of the Republicans across the country that are thrilled with his choice. Infact, I know a lot of Republicans that were completely disgusted with John McCain until he chose Gov. Palin. and judging by all of the McCain/Palin stickers I see on cars in my area of town I'm not worried.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallvillefan View Post
Two people on an internet forum have you convinced that Palin 'screwed it up for McCain'? Guess you are choosing to ignore the rest of the Republicans across the country that are thrilled with his choice. Infact, I know a lot of Republicans that were completely disgusted with John McCain until he chose Gov. Palin. and judging by all of the McCain/Palin stickers I see on cars in my area of town I'm not worried.
McCain/Palin energized the conservatives, but not very much for moderates and independents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area