Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 03:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,284,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I didn't think you would . Some people just don't understand the law, they just inforce what they have been taught in school .
Oh - I understand the law quite well thank you

Moderator cut: no personal attacks

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-13-2009 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 07:55 PM

399 posts, read 555,115 times
People who break the law, by speeding. Stop blaming the cameras or the law. You speed, and you pay. Don't want to get fined? Then don't speed. Plain and Simple.

I've got a ticket by the camera before, and I took responcibility for it.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:53 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,804 times
I have an offer for you my friend. (and I'll ask others to partake also)

You get yourself a ticket on I-10 near the airport (that's easy enough given cameras there and at 32nd street) doing 87 in the 65 zone. I'll personally post $100 to your defense on the grounds you you state. You tell me when and where you plan to defend the case and I'll come witness your success. You win; you get my money and full, bow down gratitude for setting the ground breaking case for the benefit of all of us. You lose...you don't get a dime.

The way I figure it, you get even 10 people like me to pony up a defense you're on the way. Twenty folks and you might even make money!

Come on big mouth, stop talking the talk and put your money where your mouth is. I'll even put it in an agreed escrow account to prove my support. You keep saying how wrong it is and how easy to defend; prove it.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:38 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,582,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd TCE View Post
I have an offer for you my friend. (and I'll ask others to partake also)

You get yourself a ticket on I-10 near the airport (that's easy enough given cameras there and at 32nd street) doing 87 in the 65 zone. I'll personally post $100 to your defense on the grounds you you state. You tell me when and where you plan to defend the case and I'll come witness your success. You win; you get my money and full, bow down gratitude for setting the ground breaking case for the benefit of all of us. You lose...you don't get a dime.

The way I figure it, you get even 10 people like me to pony up a defense you're on the way. Twenty folks and you might even make money!

Come on big mouth, stop talking the talk and put your money where your mouth is. I'll even put it in an agreed escrow account to prove my support. You keep saying how wrong it is and how easy to defend; prove it.
Would love to take your offer. If you took the time to actually read my prior post you would have see that I can not accept your offer. Why you may ask ? Well the problem (even if i were going 95 miles hour) comes from the fact as I have repeated many times and even in this post. I do now and have as I stated for the last 5 1/2 yrs. exercise my right to freely traveling the public highways without license plates on my vehicles or a drivers license, as Greatday repeatedly states as do others "YOU CAN"T DO THAT" . well I do so just how the hell are the cops going to issue me a ticket?? Answer is the can't , They will never be able to and that a fact that I offered to Greatday,which he declined . Good Night. End of story.

Last edited by Fighter 1; 11-29-2008 at 12:33 AM..

Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Would love to take your offer. If you took the time to actually read my prior post you would have see that I can not accept your offer. Why you may ask ? Well the problem (even if i were going 95 miles hour) comes from the fact as I have repeated many times and even in this post. I do now and have as I stated for the last 5 1/2 yrs. exercise my right to freely traveling the public highways without license plates on my vehicles or a drivers license, as Greatday repeatedly states as do others "YOU CAN"T DO THAT" . well I do so just how the hell are the cops going to issue me a ticket?? Answer is the can't , They will never be able to and that a fact that I offered to Greatday,which he declined . Good Night. End of story.
In Arizona, if you have no drivers license, the officer will ask for other identification. If you have none (or refuse to provide), the officer will ask you to turn around and put your hands behind your back - and handcuff you (oh, PLEASE RESIST THIS PROCESS), lead you to their patrol car, then take you to central booking - at which time you will be fingerprinted - and your fingerprints will be run through the system. During this time - you WILL have an identity of "John Doe" - at your initial appearance, you will be asked your name and proof of same - and so on.

So, yes, you can take the other posters offer - I'll even chip in a couple of "C" notes.

BTW, I "declined" your offer because I have heard your position before (from others) and watched as they went down.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In Arizona, if you have no drivers license, the officer will ask for other identification. If you have none (or refuse to provide), the officer will ask you to turn around and put your hands behind your back - and handcuff you (oh, PLEASE RESIST THIS PROCESS), lead you to their patrol car, then take you to central booking - at which time you will be fingerprinted - and your fingerprints will be run through the system. During this time - you WILL have an identity of "John Doe" - at your initial appearance, you will be asked your name and proof of same - and so on.

So, yes, you can take the other posters offer - I'll even chip in a couple of "C" notes.

BTW, I "declined" your offer because I have heard your position before (from others) and watched as they went down.
Good morning ! I do believe this post was talking about the "PHOTO CAMERAS" for identifing the "VIOLATOR"??? Also as i have stated in prior post I do carry valid identyfication if or when I might be stopped. And enough document to prove my statements . Please stay on track with your comments it does make a differance.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Good morning ! I do believe this post was talking about the "PHOTO CAMERAS" for identifing the "VIOLATOR"??? Also as i have stated in prior post I do carry valid identyfication if or when I might be stopped. And enough document to prove my statements . Please stay on track with your comments it does make a differance.
Once again - you can carry as many "documents" as you wish to prove your statements - it is meaningless to the beat cop. It IS NOT THEIR JOB TO INTERPRET the law - that is the domain solely of the courts.

In Arizona, if you are driving an unregistered vehicle - it will be towed. You may then petition the court for the vehicles return and argue all you wish - You won't get anywhere but, you are welcome to argue

Old 11-29-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Once again - you can carry as many "documents" as you wish to prove your statements - it is meaningless to the beat cop. It IS NOT THEIR JOB TO INTERPRET the law - that is the domain solely of the courts.

In Arizona, if you are driving an unregistered vehicle - it will be towed. You may then petition the court for the vehicles return and argue all you wish - You won't get anywhere but, you are welcome to argue
Again wrong infomation on your part . The action is against the tow co for conversion of your private property with out a contract ( A constitutional violation at that! even in Arizona!. I do believe it is still part of the United States ???? or has Mexico taken over the state. Glad i don't use Attorneys to defend me I can see now that i would really be in trouble , Ha,Ha ! Enough of the garbage I have to go to work. Bye.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Again wrong infomation on your part . .
Nope - I am not wrong

Your vehicle would be towed.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:31 PM

804 posts, read 2,894,177 times
Default Show me the statute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uconn99 View Post
Being in law enforcement, you should know that you need to be legally served in order for the "ticket" to be valid.

Also, insurance rates will not go up for these speed camera tickets any longer. I believe there was a law that Napolitano passed which makes these tickets not take any points off your driving record as long as you pay the fine. But once again, you don't need to pay a speed ticket since you are not being served by the mail. Make them deliver it to you, and then only then pay it or go to school.

Excuse me, but going 87 is not dangerous. As long as you are driving a car in good shape with everything in working order, including good tires (Like the law says you should) driving 87 is not dangerous. Experience and driving skill do help (which a lot of people do not have).

Why in many parts of Europe, including the German autobahan is speed a non issue? Are there more crashes there? Please show me some statistics.
I hear a lot of people saying you don't have to pay the fine because it is not 'served' to you. Well I would like someone to show me the statute stating this for the state in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area