Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:35 PM

804 posts, read 2,895,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
OP, you are allowed up to 10 miles over the posted speed limit. 75 + 10 = 85 and you said your speed was 87. Figure that one out. Guess you need to pay up or suffer the consequences as others have said. Sheriff Joe always has an extra set of pink underwear waiting for violaters that try to skirt the law.
This is totally false. I've written tickets and had them stick in court for someone going 3 miles over the speed limit. It all depends on the officer and the circumstances. Generally yes a officer won't stop you on a nice sunny light traffic day if you are cruising down the freeway at 8 or 10 mph over but he certainly can stop you if he feels like it. Have fun going to court arguing Im allowed to go 10 over next time you get a ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday
Once again - you can carry as many "documents" as you wish to prove your statements - it is meaningless to the beat cop. It IS NOT THEIR JOB TO INTERPRET the law - that is the domain solely of the courts.

In Arizona, if you are driving an unregistered vehicle - it will be towed. You may then petition the court for the vehicles return and argue all you wish - You won't get anywhere but, you are welcome to argue

Again wrong infomation on your part . The action is against the tow co for conversion of your private property with out a contract ( A constitutional violation at that! even in Arizona!. I do believe it is still part of the United States ???? or has Mexico taken over the state. Glad i don't use Attorneys to defend me I can see now that i would really be in trouble , Ha,Ha ! Enough of the garbage I have to go to work. Bye.
I can't comment for Arizona but I know in my state it will be towed.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,709,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
What I do see coming is a massive lawsuit....The Flashes are bright and someone is going to crash and die eventually. The lawsuit that will proceed is going to be record breaking...and budget breaking for the state/city...
i could see granny goose freaking out over a the giant flash. I still don't understand why so many people are for these speed camera's. There are still the same amount of accidents on the I-10 after those camera's. Speed obviously isn't the cause.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:16 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,277,455 times
Do not pay the ticket, I would simply ignore it. There is nothing they can do about it if your out of state. I live in Las Vegas, but I go back to Phoenix at least once a month to see my girlfriend. Everytime I go to Phoenix I get at least one photo radar ticket for either speeding or running red lights. I got a total of 13 of these this year alone. They do mail them to my apartment, but they have never sent a process server. I just throw them away where they belong. I have just checked the state website and I do not have any warrants out for me either.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:18 PM

I don't think I would be taking advice from someone who is a 'las vegas drunk'.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:23 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,300,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Do not pay the ticket, I would simply ignore it. There is nothing they can do about it if your out of state.
That is not exactly correct.

There are several cases already where they served the party outside of the state of Arizona.

Also, they have been notifying your home states MVD - may impact your DL in your home state

Old 12-20-2008, 06:37 PM

I say let him find out the hard way. If he thinks he is good enough to go forever and let those tickets pile up then wait until one day he gets stopped in that state and is taken to jail and his car impounded for that many unpaid tickets.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
I don't think I would be taking advice from someone who is a 'las vegas drunk'.

That is just my screen name. I have lived in Phoenix for 30 years and have gotten lots of photo radar tickets so I do have experience on the issue.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I don't want to make it personal and I'm not judging.. but I read some of your other posts and you definately do have experience with getting tickets, suspensions, and DWI.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That is not exactly correct.

There are several cases already where they served the party outside of the state of Arizona.

Also, they have been notifying your home states MVD - may impact your DL in your home state

I personally have never been served. I was just pulled over here in Las Vegas ( broken turn signal) last week and I came up clean. A lot of people do not understand that photo radar itself is illegal. The whole thing is basically a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area