Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 12:29 PM

369 posts, read 2,165,122 times

Advertisements

I've been to bars in the valley where I've seen Red Sox/Bruins games aired via NESN.. I'm wondering how I can get NESN broadcasted in my house!

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times

About NESN

How do I get NESN?
(http://www.nesn.com/content/about/faq.aspx - broken link)

Follow the link for info...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
There are a couple of ways that might work, depending upon your situation. DirecTV has a package that I think allows you to obtain out of area RSNs (regional sports networks) for a fee. I believe NESN is one of those RSNs.

The other approach, not really getting NESN per se but getting the Red Sox and Bruins games, would be to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice packages. I don't know whether that is more or less expensive than the DirecTV RSN route but it is available on both DirecTV and cable.

There is also an mlb.tv package that you can get to watch out of market games on your computer that is a little less expensive than Extra Innings. I don't know if the NHL has a similar package.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:36 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
you can get NESN through any provider that offers a regional sports package

however, the cavaet is that you WILL NOT be able to see any professional sports on there

Since all the pro-sports leagues have individual practices that the providers sell, they will black them out from the sports packages ..... the only pros you will see are your locals and any national broadcasts, unless you buy the package

they've also started to black out some college games as packages become more prevalent for them as well

i think DTV charges like $6/mo for all the regional sports stations - something like the NFL ticket is in excess of $250 - i think baseball & hockey run about $150

DTV has the exclusive on the NFL package - however, all other providers can offer other packages

Old 02-19-2009, 04:04 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
DTV has the exclusive on the NFL package - however, all other providers can offer other packages
Not all. Dish does not have Extra Innings as they did not agree to carry the MLB Network

Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
of this I did not know - I heard a radio interview this morning about the MLB network and know that a lot of providers bought ownership stakes into the network, which is the reason why they are providing it in their basic packages as opposed to sports tiers

they'll also do a thursday game of the week

Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM

52 posts, read 183,021 times
Direct TV and Dish Network both have it in there sports packages. I have Cox right now I pay an extra $20.00 a month for it. I am a huge Red Soxs fan so I needed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area