Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,703 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking at moving to Queen Creek but I just read all the blogs about the area. He already has a great job offer there that it would be worth moving for but, I grew up in a small town in Iowa and we now are located in Sioux Falls SD where the crime is very low.
We have 4 kids who would attend college and two in high school. After reading the blogs on the schools being worthless and unfriendly people it makes me worry. We have a tight knit group of friends we hang out with here and go to our local little road house bar.
Not sure I want to uproot my family for a community that is a nonfriendly environment and crime filled.
Any information on the area would be great minus what our realtor there is telling us.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Well, you would not have to live in Queen Creek itself. If your husband's job offer is in QC, you could live in areas served by Gilbert or Chandler schools, (with Gilbert or Chandler addresses) and his commute would be doable.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 AM

19 posts, read 71,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogles93 View Post
My husband and I are looking at moving to Queen Creek but I just read all the blogs about the area. He already has a great job offer there that it would be worth moving for but, I grew up in a small town in Iowa and we now are located in Sioux Falls SD where the crime is very low.
We have 4 kids who would attend college and two in high school. After reading the blogs on the schools being worthless and unfriendly people it makes me worry. We have a tight knit group of friends we hang out with here and go to our local little road house bar.
Not sure I want to uproot my family for a community that is a nonfriendly environment and crime filled.
Any information on the area would be great minus what our realtor there is telling us.
Thanks
I've lived in Queen Creek for a year and a half and haven't had any problems. We have great neighbors and people seem friendly so far. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I had a conversation with a realter and she told me the northern part of Queen Creek is much better than the southern parts. I live near combs and gantzel where the new Banner Hospital is going to be. Just research the area a little. You may want to check out encanterra, it looks beautiful

Old 03-13-2009, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,507 times
We recently moved to Queen Creek. I haven't noticed any of the problems you read about on this forum. Queen Creek is a great place with friendly people and a more rural atmosphere. Being from SD you would enjoy QC more than Gilbert or Chandler I think. It's more laidback with more open spaces and has a country feel. Very horse friendly. Also some good bars where you dont have to worry about a bunch of guys wearing JOOP body fragrance.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:27 PM

219 posts, read 763,986 times
We've been in unincorporated Queen Creek going on 3 years. We find most people are friendly. Crime will most likely never touch You or Your loved Ones. We've lived all over the Country, and Find this place a piece of cake. Welcome !

Old 03-15-2009, 04:47 PM

8 posts, read 18,323 times
Smile Queen Creek

We moved from Mi. to the Queen Creek area (Johnson Ranch) 2 yrs. ago and we just love it! Friendly people, SAFE and of course the most beautiful weather you can imagine! WELCOME

Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,056,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
I had a conversation with a realter and she told me the northern part of Queen Creek is much better than the southern parts. I live near combs and gantzel where the new Banner Hospital is going to be. Just research the area a little. You may want to check out encanterra, it looks beautiful
I'm curious why your realtor thought the northern part of Queen Creek was better than the southern parts? Pricing? Crime? Schools? Shopping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area