Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times

Advertisements

Ouch. My water, sewer and trash bill (combined) in Tempe isn't nearly that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
pcg

98 posts, read 377,227 times
We are living in Surprise right now. We have been to Verado several times. There is one thing I dont like about Verado. The homes have a typical midwest (Chicago) Rowhouse or bungalow look to them. Marley Park in Surprise was built by the same developer, same look to the homes. That is the only thing I can negatively say about Verado. Otherwise it has a very nice small town atmosphere. I think it will most likely be one of the premier communities in the west valley when we get past the economic downturn we are in.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:27 PM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
Water and sewer bill in Goodyear (LPSCO) is consistently $52-55/month with many plants, trees, and 800 sq. ft. of grass.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,816 times
Visit Estrella Mountain Ranch. Just drive straight up Estrella Parkway. I just moved here from Ohio and I was in love with Verrado but could not get past the fact that this gorgeous neighborhood was in the middle of no where and it seems it will be that way for a long time coming as there has been nothing developing around it. EMR on the other hand is growing! The new shopping center complete with a Bashas and other good stuff is nearing completion by this fall. Also for your HOA dues the ammentities are out of this world! What kid would not want a waterpark in their neighborhood!, lakes, sidewalks, fitness club, yacht club! The deciding factor for us was the ammenities. If I could take the verrado homesites and combine them with the ammenties of EMR I would be in HEAVEN! You know as beautiful as Verrado is,I dont care for all the riff-raff looking area that surrounds it. Its like this modern, beautiful place and you have to drive through the uggliest landscape to get to it, farms, mini farms, trailor looking houses, neighborhoods with huge houses and NO landscape! just wierd and makes Verrado have a fake, pleasantville feel. I kind of felt like I was in the movie Stepford wives (Nicole Kidman)......

Old 08-03-2009, 05:49 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
and your fine driving past plants, warehouses, railroad tracks, farms, etc to get into EMR?

i wouldn't argue that estrella is a bit more connected - but the aesthetics of getting into verrado aren't that bad

verrado way has none of what you speak on it from the freeway

getting off on jackrabbit and connecting into indian school or just running into indian school would, but it's not that drastic

the main drive into verrado is a lot like the main drive into estrella once you get over the river

Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times
Well, we decided against Verrado. Nice area, homes are overpriced, no community center.
Just not right for us.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 PM

919 posts, read 3,394,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballfreaks View Post
Visit Estrella Mountain Ranch. Just drive straight up Estrella Parkway. I just moved here from Ohio and I was in love with Verrado but could not get past the fact that this gorgeous neighborhood was in the middle of no where and it seems it will be that way for a long time coming as there has been nothing developing around it. EMR on the other hand is growing! The new shopping center complete with a Bashas and other good stuff is nearing completion by this fall. Also for your HOA dues the ammentities are out of this world! What kid would not want a waterpark in their neighborhood!, lakes, sidewalks, fitness club, yacht club! The deciding factor for us was the ammenities. If I could take the verrado homesites and combine them with the ammenties of EMR I would be in HEAVEN! You know as beautiful as Verrado is,I dont care for all the riff-raff looking area that surrounds it. Its like this modern, beautiful place and you have to drive through the uggliest landscape to get to it, farms, mini farms, trailor looking houses, neighborhoods with huge houses and NO landscape! just wierd and makes Verrado have a fake, pleasantville feel. I kind of felt like I was in the movie Stepford wives (Nicole Kidman)......
Agreed. I was just over there today and while I like the aspiration of the development, it really is out on the fringe. Some will like that - fair enough. But if I had to live on the far west side and use I-10 for commuting, I'd go postal.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,114 times
I love Verrado, the midwest feel, everyone is different in style & colors, not like Phoenix, where every unit is the same look (no personality). Its funny someone mentioned above about "Pleasant Ville" feel, i recently brought my family up there, and they said the same thing..LOL. The most attractive part is the "Main Street", the mini stores, grocery store, coffee shop, you have everything including golf, hiking, health center right in the community. Its my dream community, clean, and a happy fresh feel (okay, gues I got the pleasant ville feel going on) The only downfall is the I-10 & driving that every morning/evening would make anyone go postal. I see what that traffic is like on a Saturday (which is at a standstill @ a certain point). So until the I-10 expands to five lanes, or find work up close to there, guess my dream will have to wait, thought I am coming soon..

Old 10-13-2015, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 905 times
My husband and I moved to Verrado almost 3 years ago. We cannot say enough about how much we love it here. The community is do well planned. There are a number of organized events throughout they year as well as hiking trails, biking, and things to do in your own. We loved the fact that there was such diversity with familes with children, retired folks, and everything inbetween. Also, the varied price range if the homes. It has something for everyone. The community is growing and they have just opened Victory for the 55 and older, as well as completed the new swimpark, dog park, and another school. This community offers the best of everything. There are 65 parks (I think that is the count) . HOA fees are reasonable for all the activities and common properties. I still work and commute to Phoenix, not a problem for me, but the rush hour traffic a concern for some. Without rush traffic it is 35 minutes to Phoenix. Don't miss out on seeing it for yourself, it is worth it. Buckeye is growing by leaps and bounds and now is a great time to take advantage of this little oasis, truly a gem!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:40 PM

720 posts, read 733,642 times
If you're looking for new development you should look at Norterra. The Pulte model is beautiful - there are also other builders there and I believe they are more reasonably priced than verrado. The hoa is around $80 and includes community facilities, pools, play area tennis courts workout facilities. The location also is very convenient. Check it out!

Good luck!
Maha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area