Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 AM

310 posts, read 1,160,049 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone....

I have family coming in from out of town in a few weeks, and was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels in the area that offer day passes to buy for use of their pool facilities for the day.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:27 PM

271 posts, read 839,008 times
I have friends coming out next month, and she wanted to research this too (though more high-end places with nice spas). I just gave her list of some places to look into, and she's going to call this week. I'll post here what she finds out.

The list I gave her are:

Royal Palms
The Phoenician
Sanctuary
Montelucia
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
JW Marriott at Desert Ridge
The Boulders
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch
Hotel Valley Ho
Four Seasons at Troon
JW Marriott at Camelback
Mondrian Scottsdale

Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM

310 posts, read 1,160,049 times
I just got off the phone with JW Marriott at Desert Ridge, they do offer day passes to use their facilities, spas included for additional fee. What I thought was great - included in your day pass is a hotel room from 10a- til 5 or 6 pm depending on hotel capacity. The fee is anywhere b/w 100-150 for the day- again depending on availability.

Valley Ho also offers passes for their pool (cabana included)-- they have a great spa too! - may not be a good fit for my little nieces and nephews since they would want to splash and play- and the Vally Ho's pool is a bit small.

The Hilton resorts at Squaw Peak and Tapatio Cliff were a no go.

I will keep posting results as well as I continue my search!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the update!

I had totally forgotten about Tapatio and Squaw Peak, so good to know.

The Desert Ridge Marriott is so pretty too with its outdoor Vista Lounge with firepits, palm trees, and view of the sparkling waterway. We also had an excellent meal at Roy's there last year.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:59 PM

13 posts, read 79,181 times
I have really enjoyed the Arizona Grand. Formerly, The Point South Mountain.

Family & Kid Friendly Vacation Packages Phoenix AZ | Arizona Grand Resort - Vacation Packages

(866) 267-1321

Old 03-10-2009, 10:24 PM

919 posts, read 3,394,724 times
You can probably get by with hanging out at a pool as long as you are well behaved and buy drinks/tip well. It's not quite pool season for many, so they aren't having to keep out the locals who want to treat the resorts as summer camp for the kiddies. If there's a big group of you, rent a cabana and they'll wait on you hand and foot without a care if you are lodging there. In fact the Fairmont, San Carlos (downtown PHX) and several others actually throw "open to the public" pool parties each week in the summer.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightgirl151 View Post
I just got off the phone with JW Marriott at Desert Ridge, they do offer day passes to use their facilities, spas included for additional fee. What I thought was great - included in your day pass is a hotel room from 10a- til 5 or 6 pm depending on hotel capacity. The fee is anywhere b/w 100-150 for the day- again depending on availability.

Valley Ho also offers passes for their pool (cabana included)-- they have a great spa too! - may not be a good fit for my little nieces and nephews since they would want to splash and play- and the Vally Ho's pool is a bit small.

The Hilton resorts at Squaw Peak and Tapatio Cliff were a no go.

I will keep posting results as well as I continue my search!
The JW Mariott is an amazing hotel as well. The service was first class

Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 AM

42 posts, read 219,149 times
I've been to the Mondrian here in LA. Just tell the guy at the door you want to have lunch by the pool.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 AM

27 posts, read 157,308 times
I would have suggest Arizona Grand Resort (was The Pointe at South Mountain) was top 10 resort waterparks in the US by Travel Channel. However upon more investigation it is closed to the public. Only hotel guests. But man, it is awesome. Been there once before.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 AM

I really want to check out the Montelucia - just saw some gorgeous pictures in the new "Desert Living" magazine. But wow, $250 is steep. I'm going to check into whether they have any room specials with spa or restaurant credits, or specials for locals.

Last night's email from my friend Beth:

-------------------------------

The Phoenician - Does not offer day passes, you can use the entire resort except for the pool for free

Sanctuary - If you have any spa service you can use all of the facilities.

Montelucia - Offers day use rooms. Check in at 8 a.m.-6 p.m. $250 for the day. You can use all the facilities

Fairmont Scottsdale - they do offer day use rooms, but they are subject to availability (I couldn't talk to anyone because they had left for the day)

--------------------------------

Last edited by Rubee; 03-11-2009 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area