Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,327,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
Not really nursing positions are being cut left and right here.
It's not just affecting nurses but doctors too. I've received resumes from physicians blind mailing their resume hoping to get a bite. Two years ago, you had groups fighting over candidates. Now if a doctor wants to practice here, he or she must open their own practice for the most part because groups and hospitals are not hiring. It's affecting everyone.

And I heard from a local dentist that 40 dentists in Chandler had to shut down their practice and move away in the past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 AM

402 posts, read 1,530,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwwwin View Post
FYI - Scottsdale - Thompson Peak was completed a year ago...
Didnt know that. Ive been out of the Valley 4 years now.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 AM

219 posts, read 765,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
Didnt know that. Ive been out of the Valley 4 years now.
That's a real nice Facility.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 AM

103 posts, read 229,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
From a working standpoint, the majority of the hospitals in the valley are really nice because they are not teaching hospitals. They are upscale community hospitals so they are not as rushed and much more laid back. Gilbert Mercy, Chandler Regional, Banner Estrella, Banner Gateway, John C Lincoln North Mountain among others are excellent hospitals.

The hospitals I would avoid are the teaching hospitals like the VA, Banner Good Samaritan, Maricopa and St. Joes. Teaching hospitals tend to be more malignant and stressfull. And by stresfull, I'm not just referring to the doctors you will be working with but the nurses as well. The nurses at teaching hospitals are notorious for being bossy and ill tempered. You just wouldn't want to work alongside those types of nurses. There are also hospitals in bad areas that I would avoid like Maryvale.
Sorry I can pretty well refute everything written here. I have been a nurse in the valley for 12 years. I worked Agency for 5 years went to pretty well every hospital in the valley except Mayo. I choose Banner Good Sam because of the working conditions. It being a teaching hospital makes it more appealing because people are in the teaching mode and staying fresh. Doctors are always available unlike a lot of the outlining or smaller inner city hosptials where it's only the attending doctors, who by the way have major attitudes. You dont get that at a major teaching hosptial. The nurses here are excellent I can vouch for that. If my mother got sick I would put her in Banner Good Sam any day.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,306,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkykt05 View Post
Hello, just wondering about the hospitals in and around Phoenix, if anyone works there and loves it or hates it (I am a nurse, and just don't even know where to begin looking and wouldn't want to get stuck in some dumpy hospital, ha!) I saw that Gilbert has a fairly new hospital, which is always nice... Any input? I don't really have any certain area of nursing that I prefer to work in, as I'm just starting out my career... Thanks!

BANNER - BANNER - BANNER

Banner Healthcare is EXPANDING in all regions of the valley - and they are HIRING like crazy - especially in nursing care area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area