Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,036,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urpilotfriend View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. Lot's of really helpful literature here. Thanks again.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with the ultra-conservative types. If I did, I'd live in a place like SF or Seattle. I was, for the most part, openly gay and in the Navy. I'm used to the conservative views of others, and my being open is an indication of how straight-forward and content I am. My "other half" is very much the same, 8 years Army. We both drive trucks, ride dirt bikes and don't talk with a lisp. We don't make a point to tell the world about how we live, nor would be ever throw our views onto anyone. It's a very much, live and let live way of thinking.

I'm leaning more towards the areas of north Scottsdale and around there.

Thanks again!
North Scottsdale is very nice. If you guys are into dirt bikes you really should check out the far NE area of Scottsdale, bordered by Cave Creek and Carefree... It used to be too remote for having a young family, but no longer. Good schools, school busses and everything up here now. Plus you get to live very close to the Tonto natnl forest.

I can tell you you can get quite the deal up here now real estate wise....Yes, I know you can all over...but it is so nice up here--you should really check it out. Start looking at Pinnacle Peak and Pima then just keep going north. The farther N or N/E you go the closer you will be to the national forest. There are plenty of gated communities and plenty of places on 1 or 2 acres with horse privileges.

Once you hit Pima and Cave Creek Road you are getting very close to some of the most beautiful hiking, biking and dirt bike areas in AZ. We took our ATV out one day and within 30 minutes found a beautiful creek with a magnificent water fall! No kidding. It was breathtaking.

Might be worth a look for you to venture a bit north and see what is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:42 AM

235 posts, read 757,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Zarape View Post
Well, now that this thread has become mostly about yoohoo (uhuh) instead of about families w/ same sex parents, I have to ask:

Is that how you pronounce "uhuh", yoohoo?
UH-UH or U huh?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 AM

122 posts, read 308,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
UH-UH or U huh?

Okay. UH-UH like UGH-UGH, or U huh like U haul. Got it. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area