Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM

9 posts, read 16,587 times

Advertisements

What are some upscale neighborhoods in the West Valley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,036,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D517 View Post
What are some upscale neighborhoods in the West Valley?
Start with Arrowhead. Then move west. There are a lot of fancy neighborhoods north of Sun City.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM

549 posts, read 1,563,087 times
Westgate; Arrowhead; the area just around downtown Glendale; the area surrounding northern and 12th Avenue.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM

482 posts, read 1,374,613 times
Orangewood Estates? Haven't been lately, but that used to be a real classy older neighborhood with a great location. There could be a lot of value in there. Fuel prices will make that a desirable location.

Didn't Jason Kidd live in Estrella Ranch?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 PM

587 posts, read 1,423,307 times
Yes, Estrella in Goodyear has some insanely gorgeous neighborhoods, as does Verrado in Buckeye.

There are also some very exclusive and upscale neighborhoods in Litchfield Park (Litchfield Greens being the top one that comes to mind - custom homes in a gated, guarded community), which also brings with it the best school district in the west valley and one of the best in the valley period.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:58 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,490,438 times
Some nice neighborhoods are nestled at the base of Thunderbird Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intmd8r View Post
which also brings with it the best school district in the west valley and one of the best in the valley period.
I'll have to disagree with you on this one. From what I see there are four elementary school districts down in your neck of the woods. Only 6-7 schools (elementary) are excelling ('06-'07). Deer Valley has 12 and Peoria has 10. The two NW districts.

Litchfield is a good district and all its schools are in nice neighborhoods. I wouldn't say it's the best. *unless I lived there*

Last edited by roundball; 04-06-2009 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM

587 posts, read 1,423,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
Litchfield is a good district and all its schools are in nice neighborhoods. I wouldn't say it's the best. *unless I lived there*
Well, I may be a bit biased.

Of course, it is likely that we'd hear the best things about this school district since we live in it and the schools right around us seem to be the best in this immediate area, but I have also had people who live elsewhere in the valley tell me that they've also heard it's one of the best.

Our son isn't in school yet, so I can't say from first hand experience. I just remember seeing that the schools our child would attend were all 9s and 10s on Greatschools.net the last time we looked. I just went and looked again and the elementary school and middle school are down to 8s, though the high school is a 9. Apparently it's not as great of a school district as I've heard, as there were many schools listed in it that were even 5s.

Sorry - I stand corrected.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 PM

9 posts, read 16,587 times
What about Russell Ranch in Litchfield Park? Can anyone tell me about this developement?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,781,959 times
Vistancia is a lovely community and newer than Arrowhead, Westwing is very nice as well. Sonoran Mountain Ranch is up in the foothills and equally nice. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM

824 posts, read 2,341,138 times
Quote:
"Vistancia is a lovely community and newer than Arrowhead, Westwing is very nice as well."

I used to think that Westwing subdivision in far north Peoria was nice too, but I am hesitant to recommend it. I visit someone there every couple of months, so I have seen it evolve over the last four years. It really is not a master-planned community, which almost seems necessary for a subdivision as enormous as it is. Vacants and foreclosures appear to be quite abundant in Westwing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area