Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

149 posts, read 534,851 times

Advertisements

Thank you all : azcater, thegirlinaz, azcater, Captain Bill, azdr0710 for the support. We are much less stressful today. We received a couple of assuring phone calls from CertaPro that the problem would be resolved.

sells500 - We were home and saw them pressure washed and applied this white material on stucco cracks/holes.

We were thinking of asking them to scrape off all the loose areas, reprep, and repaint the entire house but we were not sure if it would be a reasonable request.

sells500 - That was an excellent idea. We will be taking some photos to a local Sherwin-Williams store to see if they can recommend the right way to fix this.

Anyway, just wanted to be clear that we are, so far, satisfied with the way CertaPro and CostCo main office are handling this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 04:46 AM

54 posts, read 138,088 times
We have started looking into painting our stucco home. Did you use ELASTOMERIC Paint?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:32 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,814,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonita23 View Post
We have started looking into painting our stucco home. Did you use ELASTOMERIC Paint?
If you need a really good painter, let me know and I'll give you his contact info. I used him on my home, and all of my investment properties.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 AM

Bonita - We purchased our paint from Sherwin-Williams. It's called 'Super Paint' and costs about $40/gallon. Is Elastomeric a brand name?

Captain Bill - I would like the name of the painter as well. I just sent you a P.M.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,814,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle View Post

Captain Bill - I would like the name of the painter as well. I just sent you a P.M.
His name is Patrick Nagy, Taz Painting, 602 750 0228. I'm happy to refer him because I use him for all my work and I want to see him stay in business during these slow times. You can tell him that Bill Travis gave you his number.

However, work is picking back up for him and other contractors around the valley. He just painted an investment property for me, and had to squeeze me in between to large 5000 sq ft houses that he just contracted for.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 AM

54 posts, read 138,088 times
I believe Elastomeric is a type of paint that fills in the cracks of the stucco when painted. My builders stucco company is currently using this type of paint for new homes. Unfortunatley we have integral stucco which cracks very easily and has a rustic look that I do not prefer.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM

22 posts, read 28,636 times
5 K for exterior paint? I was a contractor for 23 years. Dont fool around. Get on the wb w/ the Arizona registrar of contractors and get the complaint investigation going...NOW, if you have patches falling off already it was not prepared right to begin with and when the monsoon comes you wont have any paint left there. Were they licensed ? No matter, make the call and get it started. dont feel bad for them. % k. Thats criminal.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:01 PM

Certa Pro is a licensed contractor and we hired them through CostCo. Certa Pro's owner said he would get back to us by Monday. We still have confidence in CostCo so we will have to wait and see.

The owner complained that I posted a negative review on Kudzu and asked me to remove. I wanted to tell him that Kudzu was the least of his concerns.

One way or another, we'll get this resolved to our satisfaction.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:02 PM

253 posts, read 464,515 times
I agree with sells500 with this provision:When it is prepared now, they are preparing the surface of the new surface, which is the one coming off. How do you prepare between new and old where the lack of prep is actually causing the problem?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM

253 posts, read 464,515 times
I should have said "lack of adhesion" instead of "lack of prep".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area