Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
There is such thing as "fine Indian cuisine"? Every time I had Indian food, I ended up on the bathroom floor, laying there sideways shaped like a seahorse, shaking and moaning like a pregnant moose.
Now, THAT was funny!!!!!!!!!!! Points for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:29 AM

345 posts, read 466,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
... That has to be the most arrogant, out-of-touch post I have ever read. It is also very unintelligent sounding to generalize so much and/or brag about one's own intelligence and "eclecticness".
The Phoenix area has it's attributes, however based on my travels and experiences I would say it's far from a cultural hotbed (~:

Many turn defense by an elitist tone, but these are KateSeraSera's observations. We can all agree to disagree. Some people believe 4000+ American deaths and countless billions of dollars of debt are justified. I would suggest that the perpetration and justification (against the advice of most of the nation/states of the world) is the most elitist behavior of all.

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 04-18-2008 at 11:18 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 PM

709 posts, read 2,181,073 times
My son hated being carjacked and robbed at gun point in the middle of the day at the Big-5, 19th and Bell.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,876 times
Thumbs up Whats to hate

Great blue skies. Air quaity so good I didnt need asthma meds when there. I hate living with grey skies and pollution and crop dust.
Looking to move there in 2009.
Bu it is a great process to find affordable apt housing.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:27 PM

264 posts, read 1,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger6087 View Post
My son hated being carjacked and robbed at gun point in the middle of the day at the Big-5, 19th and Bell.
This is the second thread you've posted this in..

Old 04-18-2008, 05:13 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
Yeah, Albuquerque was the same. I cant count how many times I went up the freeway only to come off the freeway because not one person would let me on.

Ama
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING, right? First, you put your signal to the left on, then you begin to carefully and forcefully move your car, and someone will let you in, but, if you hesitate too much, no one will let you in. THAT IS what we do in NYC!

Old 04-18-2008, 05:56 PM

5 posts, read 22,069 times
My band played a show in Detroit last year, while on tour, and it was so depressing. Sad to see an iconic city fall like that :-(

Old 04-18-2008, 06:50 PM

401 posts, read 2,605,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Bearer View Post
My band played a show in Detroit last year, while on tour, and it was so depressing. Sad to see an iconic city fall like that :-(
I think Detroit is one of the most interesting cities in America. The physical deterioration of the infrastructure in some parts of the city is just incredible and in some ways fascinating to look at. There are many nice areas of Detroit though that many people dont know much about who just bash the city

Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Well, I will interject a REAL I hate Phoenix post. Actually, I live in N. Scottsdale (which is a separate city, adjacent to Phoenix) and I am still not happy and this is the good part of town and oh so overrated. Back to Phoenix, there is no way I'd live in Phoenix.

So now you all know how I feel about living here. I won't get into the myriad of reasons I dislike it here (or maybe I will but, summed up, there is nothing to do that interests me here. I've tried hiking and what a joke. Movies bore me, as do chain restaurants. Hmmm, malls, strip malls on every corner. There is a reason people ask which corner things are located on here. Hmmm, not much else to do here. I'm not interested in sports, so that is out. I hate the traffic and I hate the way people drive here.

Now, on a positive note - I do own my house free and clear. I do have almost a half an acre lot in a quiet neighborhood in N. Scottsdale. If it were not for this fact, there is absolutely noooooooooooo way I'd live here. I like the Filiberto type drive-thrus. I like my roses. I like the fact that after a long hot summer and cold winter, there has been a bit of a Spring which has been pleasant. I like Ranch 99 market and am grateful it's here. There is another Asian market down south I can go to, if I get really bored. They have enlarged the "lake" (how does one enlarge a lake, you might ask) down on Chaparral and Hayden. It is better than nothing. Tempe town lake? Pulease, unless you don't mind a man-made river bed filled in with water with planes flying over every minute and looking at a bunch of electrical lines during your "nature walk." But some folks might think this is just dandy, so I don't want to rain on their parade.

In short, I wish I could still sell my house, but that's out. I should have struck while the iron was hot, and it's quite cold now.

That's my two cents. A "real" I hate Phoenix post and why.

Hey, I just thought of one more thing I really like here - NovaM radio and it just happens to be from Phoenix. Would die without it - either that or stream it from anywhere else . But it does say something positive about Phoenix. The are "some" really interesting people who live here, even if most everyone who lives here is conservative. If John McCain is our next president, I'll just shoot myself. Maybe he'll have sheriff joe run along side him.

Last edited by movin'on; 04-18-2008 at 08:13 PM..

Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 PM

264 posts, read 1,085,965 times
I love how people are different. I Love sports, and love the Coyotes and D-Backs before I even more there, I love strip malls, target, best buy, ect.

Not sure if I would live in Phoenix if I didn't like the sports teams or strip mall shopping. I'm not one to enjoy big downtowns ala Chicago/NYC. I love my outskirts and sports which is why Phoenix is the PERFECT fit for me.

Also freeway driving is my prefered method of transportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area