Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 05:24 AM

5 posts, read 6,923 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I have been lingering on this site for weeks, and it is now official we are moving west to AZ! We live in NC(and love it) but my husband just accepted a position in AZ. We have 3 kids ages 7, 4 and 2. The little ones will be fine, but I am worried about my oldest daughter who will be in 2nd grade next year. The kids do not know yet, in fact, we are going to tell them while we are in AZ next month. I am surprising my husband for his 40th birthday...we are flying to Phoenix and spending the weekend at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch...my hope is while the kids are loving the lazy river and pool we can break the "move news!" That brings me to my big question....REALTOR???? We think we are going to settle in Chandler/Gilbert and we'd like a genius realtor to work with in those areas. Our move can happen anytime from August to April....a lot depends on what we find and what we do with our house here (rent/sell) We'd love to get some expert opinions on schools, neighborhoods, preschools etc. Please don't tell me to do a "search" Believe me I have done that...and I have also read greatschools.net etc....If you have any fresh opinions, please let me know...also would love recommendation for realtor....by the way, my parents will also be moving and purchasing a home...so you could call us 2 for 1 deal!! Anyway, thanks for the advice in advance and I look forward to getting to know you all!!! Please PM some contact info of the perfect realtor who will be able to tell me "oh do not look at that house b/c it is not the "right" school....etc!!!!!) THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 05:50 AM

10 posts, read 28,796 times
Default Move to AZ

We are in contract to purchase a home in AZ - we are selling our home in NJ and moving in July. Our Real Estate agent was amazing. A real advocate for us. We knew the area we wanted to be in because of the great schools / etc. We have 2 son's one going into high school and one in the middle of middle school. We are moving to Cave Creek which is a suburb of Scottsdale.

Our real estate agent was Suzanne @ Sonoran Lifestyle Real Estate
If you need more info let me know

Scott

Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 AM

54 posts, read 225,659 times
Default Get a POOL!

There are a lot of homes in the Phoenix area and you will have no problem finding one. Be sure to find a realitor with referals and hire your own home inspector when you find the home you like. This will ensure that it was built well and that there are not any hidden problems.

If you can GET A POOL! Salt water is best....don't worry your cann't taste it.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,533 times
How did he get a job being in another state, while I live here and cant find a job here????? All yall just need to stay away.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
How did he get a job being in another state, while I live here and cant find a job here????? All yall just need to stay away.
Perhaps you are in an entirely different field. No reason to tell "all yall" to stay away, if you aren't competing for the same jobs.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:07 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allymin View Post
...the perfect realtor who will be able to tell me "oh do not look at that house b/c it is not the "right" school....etc!!!!!) THANKS
Be careful about having a realtor that would give you advice on the "right" school and other demographic factors that violate fair housing laws - may cost their license. Continue doing your own research and come to your own conclusions about what's right for you. Once you decide what the right school is, your realtor can recommend homes that meet your requirements in that school district.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
maybe you just aren't that talented or likeable?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area