Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 PM

4 posts, read 12,757 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'll be moving to Goodyear in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm looking for a bank to do my checking and savings accounts with. Can anyone recommend a financial institution (bank or credit union) in the Goodyear/Buckeye area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 12:53 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,696 times
probably Bank of America/Chase/Wells Fargo. They are all over the valley

Old 06-01-2009, 01:05 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
i wouldn't really lump goodyear and buckeye together - from their more populated areas there is a pretty good stretch of land ........ if you had a really good bank you liked in buckeye and lived in goodyear, you could find it inconvenient

i can't speak to buckeye

however, in goodyear you'll find a lot of the national players have a presense (wellsfargo, bank of america, chase seem to be the most prominent) - there is some access to places like USBank, M&I, Comerica, Compass, etc

then you have smaller options like national bank of AZ, state farm bank, first federal credit union, desert schools federal credit union, sunwest federal credit union

There are a lot of options and a lot of programs - depending on what you needs are, look at what they offer, what they fee, convenience, etc

Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 12,757 times
I'm trying to avoid the big banks like BoA, Wellsfargo and Chase. My own sort of protest to their acceptance of tax payer buyout money then turning around and sticking it to us with rediculous credit card rates, fees, etc. I've been researching Band of Arizona and Arizona Federal Credit Union as options. I don't really need to be able to access a branch very often as I do 99% of my banking online. I'm mainly looking for reputation in the community as well as fees (or rather lack there of) for use of ATMs, online banking/bill pay, etc. Thanks for the input thus far.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:55 PM

674 posts, read 2,553,064 times
First Credit Union

Old 06-01-2009, 08:06 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower123 View Post
I live in Goodyear and use a credit union (not local) for my banking. I do have an account with my emergency fund at Chase since they have a branch on every corner.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 PM

674 posts, read 2,553,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I live in Goodyear and use a credit union (not local) for my banking. I do have an account with my emergency fund at Chase since they have a branch on every corner.
I have my checking at First CU and they are part of a shared branching co-op network. I can deposit and withdraw money from my First CU account at a Desert Schools branch.

You can get a full list of participating credit unions nationwide here: CUServiceCenter.com

You probably are more likely to find a Chase branch though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: