Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,877,521 times

Advertisements

I now have to bite the bullet and post. I have been lurking for quite a while... No really... We are now 'relocating' from one end of the country to the other in about 5-6 weeks. Hubby has a job hauling mail out of Phoenix to Utah. We are looking at a couple houses in AZ City, and one of the CD regulars has been a real help to me, as we want a quieter lifestyle, don't mind driving a ways,and prices are nice there since we are preapproved now and I don't want to max it out. I work at home so need internet, and have a 12-year-old granddaughter that will probably continue to be homeschooled. I am having major issues with what to bring and what not in a 5th wheel being driven down with the dogs. We are shipping our car to Seattle, the kiddo and I flying down there to pick up and meet up with hubby somewhere along the way. I don't think we are doing anything with a house until we get there, and need a family friendly, pet friendly campground for the 5th wheel to park, without being totally taken advantage of ... I am having real issues with looking for this online, as most say 55+...he qualifies, I don't, nor the GD.. Anybody have any suggestions for a month or so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 05:48 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,027,943 times
I've never really paid attention to campground fees in Arizona for the most part, but I think they are all relatively standard. In other words, one won't be $5/day and another a few miles away charging $20/day. That is my experience at least. As for the pooches, again I've never thought twice about NOT bringing the whole family! We've been advised to avoid certain areas where pets are off limits or are required to be on a leash at all times. And if a campground has an age requirement, which is new to me, maybe it works like Sun City??? In Sun City your spouse can be younger than the community established age of residency and live with you. They even allow grandchildren to "live" with grandparents for extended periods of time in many Sun City neighborhoods in cases of emergency or for summer vacations or other holidays. Maybe this applies to the campground...OR maybe the 55+ age thing was for "Senior Pricing" to get into the campground...hey take it as a compliment if that is the case AND RUB IT IN! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: