Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:07 AM

725 posts, read 2,327,739 times

Advertisements

I don't really mind the dry heat, it's better this year than last. Remember all that humidity and the destructive Storms last Summer? None of that so far this year!!!!!!!!

Guess some people are right that Weather goes in cycles. Humid and stormy last Summer, hot and dry this summer.

But dry heat or humid heat, it sucks to be without air-conditioning!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 10:20 AM

687 posts, read 1,951,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
But dry heat or humid heat, it sucks to be without air-conditioning!!!!!!!
You got that right. My AC went out a few weeks ago on a Saturday - the home warranty company couldn't get any of their service providers to come out until Tuesday. Misery.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:46 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,327,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
You got that right. My AC went out a few weeks ago on a Saturday - the home warranty company couldn't get any of their service providers to come out until Tuesday. Misery.
I have a contract through a refrigeration company that I've used for years. The contract basically offers VIP service 24 hours a day, seven days a week in case your A/C or furnace happens to go out. The contract is a little pricey, but it's worth it. If your A/C malfunctions, you call the front desk, give them your name and tell them that you have the VIP service contract, and you are put at the top of the list for the first available technicnan. This contract also gives free A/C & furnace inspection twice a year, or what is regarded as preventative maintenance.

In this day & age, there's really no excuse to not have A/C. It's generally affordable, and easily fixable when problems arise. I won't patronize any business establishment where the A/C isn't working properly. If the atmosphere isn't cool and comfortable, they will lose business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area