Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM

20 posts, read 39,965 times

Advertisements

So... I'm used to driving 20 over the limit here. It's just natural, you don't do it, you get creamed...

What i'm wondering is, if I do get caught speeding... I have no front plate and a CA plate in the back...

I'll be here in PHX for a year while I attend UTI and will not be getting a AZ license and will not register my car as an AZ vehicle. No.

So what's the process if i'm caught? Obviously the citation will be sent to my home in SoCal. So what happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:37 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
I don't buy this "you get creamed if you don't go 20 over the limit" c**p. Slow down, and you have no problem. If you don't slow down, I hope you get stopped by a live officer. Can't get out of THAT one.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 PM

Long story short, I get pulled over on a monthly basis, almost weekly, here in SoCal, no tickets so far. I know AZ cops probably don't jack around though.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:18 PM

140 posts, read 467,199 times
FYI, unlike cali, 20+ here is considered criminal speeding. Keep it at 15 over like I do. Of course, I routinely get passed like I'm standing still at 15 over since now everybody knows where the cameras are and that there are no live cops on the freeways anymore.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,692,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Rado View Post
So... I'm used to driving 20 over the limit here. It's just natural, you don't do it, you get creamed...

What i'm wondering is, if I do get caught speeding... I have no front plate and a CA plate in the back...

I'll be here in PHX for a year while I attend UTI and will not be getting a AZ license and will not register my car as an AZ vehicle. No.

So what's the process if i'm caught? Obviously the citation will be sent to my home in SoCal. So what happens?
With all due respect, Rado . . . sooner or later you will get caught.

Boasting about driving 20 plus over the limit may appear cute to you right now but when, not if, you get into an accident and there is either serious injury or worse, death, your tune will change. In fact, you may very well be boasting from the local slammer for a few decades or more.

Obviously it is time to GROW UP!

NOT WORTH THE RISK!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM

I really didn't want to have to bust this out for AZ...

YouTube - license plate test with lcd glass

Old 08-04-2009, 03:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunn72 View Post
FYI, unlike cali, 20+ here is considered criminal speeding.

Exactly

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,604,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't buy this "you get creamed if you don't go 20 over the limit" c**p. Slow down, and you have no problem. If you don't slow down, I hope you get stopped by a live officer. Can't get out of THAT one.
Actually he is telling the truth. I lived in the L.A. area for ten years. The CHP does 90mph when they can...

For the OP,

The cameras will get you when you do over 75mph. We do not have front plates in Arizona. The camera takes a picture of your face and you back plate. And since you are from California you should know that you need a front plate on your car...We don't but you do...

Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Actually he is telling the truth. I lived in the L.A. area for ten years. The CHP does 90mph when they can...

For the OP,

The cameras will get you when you do over 75mph. We do not have front plates in Arizona. The camera takes a picture of your face and you back plate. And since you are from California you should know that you need a front plate on your car...We don't but you do...

Yeah, I don't roll with a front plate... too stupid. I don't care, Cops should have better things to do than pull over people without a front plate...

Uhh. Yeah, looks like i'll have to start hiding the back plate.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,305 times
Since it appears your actual goal is to speed, disobey traffic laws, and disregard licensing and registration laws, my hope is that you do jail time for the course of your year here. We'll all feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area