Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,641 times

Advertisements

My daughter lives in Estrella Estate, and i'm thinking about buying a home there. I'd like to buy the home, and my daughter will take care of it until i move. How would i go about this? I'd be a first time home owner, and currently rent here in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,046,677 times
Hey you!!! I used to live in the Stadium District in Tacoma...beautiful, historic neighborhood over looking the Sound...gorgeous area. What exactly are you asking? Do you want her to be your attorney-in-fact and have the power to make decisions for you and sign legal documents in your absence? If so a general OR specific (as specified by you) Power of Attorney can be drawn up by you for your daughter.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 PM

157 posts, read 423,331 times
First step would be to get pre-qualify for a mortgage. Next step would be to find real estate agent that has experienced with working with out of state buyers follow by finding right property.
Your daughter can view with agent couple of the properties that you like and between two of you make a decision on what to purchase. Most of title companies that are left have offices all over the country so you can sign all your paper work from Tacoma.
There is no reason to give Power of Attorney to your daughter you can do all the legal stuff from home. She can be your eyes and ears here but she doesn't need legal power.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:05 PM

One reason to consider a power of attorney is to allow for immediate action if things occur and you are not able to fly out and deal with situations which arise. Legal issues, inspections, etc. Just depends on convenience and trust in your daughter and if you trust her judgement and opinion as well. I did this for my parents when they were selling their house in Arizona but were living in Copenhagen for a one-time, seasonal assignment. I picked out a house for them and had it all taken care of upon their return. I was even allowed to bring in decorators and furnish it! But my parents know my taste is flawless, LOL!

Any how, if you just want your daughter to keep you updated, send you photos, and just keep you informed throughout but want her to handle the details and the transactions then POA is a very nice thing to have. Plus I enjoyed doing this for my parents. You can limit a POA to mortgage, title, deed, purchasing, etc. and limit the timeframe for the validity of the POA as well.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrzejn View Post
First step would be to get pre-qualify for a mortgage. Next step would be to find real estate agent that has experienced with working with out of state buyers follow by finding right property.
Your daughter can view with agent couple of the properties that you like and between two of you make a decision on what to purchase. Most of title companies that are left have offices all over the country so you can sign all your paper work from Tacoma.
There is no reason to give Power of Attorney to your daughter you can do all the legal stuff from home. She can be your eyes and ears here but she doesn't need legal power.
Thank you for your info

Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Hey you!!! I used to live in the Stadium District in Tacoma...beautiful, historic neighborhood over looking the Sound...gorgeous area. What exactly are you asking? Do you want her to be your attorney-in-fact and have the power to make decisions for you and sign legal documents in your absence? If so a general OR specific (as specified by you) Power of Attorney can be drawn up by you for your daughter.
I love my daughter, but i wouldn't put her in charge of stuff i can do..... But thanks....I live in Lakewood and you're right the stadium district is nice overlooking the Sound....

Old 08-07-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooky View Post
I love my daughter, but i wouldn't put her in charge of stuff i can do..... But thanks....I live in Lakewood and you're right the stadium district is nice overlooking the Sound....
LOL! I'm sure she'll thank you...it is a headache! I'm sure you'll love Estrella it's beautiful out there...good luck and have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area