Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 11,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Wrong side of the tracks, El Mirage Arizona a sweet warm summer day the sky was filled with orange gold. more precious than any gold chain more loved to every cholo than the beer that warms in there palms. Even though it was possibly the most beautiful day I had ever seen it was also the darkest/worst. It was July 14 2006 when this beautiful day was crushed by hate and pain, it was about 5:30 the sun was setting I was just hanging out at my auntys house in the backyard, it was my uncles birthday I was holding my niece in my lap she soon fell asleep so I had a chunky little butterball snoring and slobbering on my new dickies out-fit. So I went in side to help my auntie wash the dishes and clean so I put the baby to sleep, as soon as I put the babby down I heard the phone ring I thought to my self "Damn"... I was drunk so I knew I wasn't gana make much sense to whom ever was calling. It was my cousin Pepe he was screaming and crying. I had never heard him cry before, he was allways the kind of person that everyone knew as the tought guy, he was the guy that you see in a crowd of people chanting fight fight fight that steps up to the plate never to back down so when I heard him like this I was some what trying to sober-up he was screaming they stabbed him they stabbed him!!!, I was yelling who!? who!?! he said they stabbed my baby boy!!! my little eight year old nefu was stabbed. My heart was beating so hard, my aunt was behind me asking in a frail voice what's wrong!?! what's wrong?!?! the tears seemed to find there way outta my eye's and my feet acted as if they had a mind of there own and I ran out the door not noticing that the screen door wasn't opend I broke threw it and I ran out of the yard I rememeber see'ing the white pickit fence vanish from the cornour of my eye. As I ran faster and faster I seen the street lights glow dimly in the darkness it seemed as if they were miles away I was crying and running blaming my self for this because I was supposed to watch my nefu today for my cousin. he was suppose to go to a dance and I was suppose to watch the my little nefu but I was selfish and diceded to go to my uncles party. Then all the sudden I snapped back to reality and noticed that I was passed the dim glowing lights and I was to the train tracks I had only about four more blocks to run to and I'd be at my cousins house as I came close to the last block I could see the red and blue lights as they filled the street courner I seen my cousin Pepe crying and refusing to let go of my nefu he was crying so hard into the little chest of my nefu as he clinged to him as if he was apart of him. I didn't understand at first why he wouldn't let the paramedics take him he needed help I could see the blood that was almost dryed that crept down from my little nefu's belly to his little leggs then it came to me I was tottaly blanking out what Pepe was repeating in a weeping voice.. He's dead, He's dead, my baby boy is dead, why me he screamed why!?! why my baby?!? all the nieghbor's were watching from there houses they were all crying out prayers in spanish and holding there crosses that hung from there necks tightly in there hands I ran to Pepe and wrapped my arms around his head and I felt I had to pray but the only prayer I knew by heart was the gangsta's prayer so I began to pray Pepe finnaly let go of he's baby's body was clinging to me and the paramedics took my little nefu's lifeless body and sat him in the black bag of endless depths and Pepe was screaming at me please tell me this isnt real please tell me!!! please give me my baby-boy back!! as his voice crackled and the tears ran past the number 13 tattoo he had tattooed next to his eye, I was telling him in spanish that I was so so very sorry as the tears ran down my face and smashed on floor. Hours passed sense we were sitting in the street mourning the cops and the paramedics were all gone and all the nieghbors came and gave there respects to Pepe he was inraged with nothing but pain he stood up and kicked over the garbage can and stormed to the back of the house I allready knew what was about to happen he went into the shed and got his colt 45 and held it to his head and he was crying and swearing at god and I was yelling at him with my hands out please Pepe dont this isnt the way this isnt the way I shouted. He asked me why!? why not!? they killed every thing to me they practicly ripped my heart out and left in on the floor for me to look at... I stood acouple feel from Pepe as I heard and saw the shot... it was all over I lost my baby nefu and my idle/cousin at the same time, I was screaming and shaking Pepe, Now my family has a deep woud that can never heal. So that's the True story of El Mirage murder of a innocent child and the pain that drove his father to suicide.
If they were running to the scene of the crime and they were close to the train tracks then that was definitely the old part of El Mirage. Which I think most here would agree isn't somewhere to reccomend anyone to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 AM

4 posts, read 12,241 times
I just got back from El Mirage. I am buying a home there.
It is my opinion that the negative stories on this sight are greatly exaggerated or historically irrelevant.
I will acknowledge the fact that the “Thunder bird & Grand” area is less than desirable.
None the less is an isolated area.
El Mirage has great potential and I think that it is worth
while to in vest in that potential.
I am coming from Chicago and am looking forward to the move

Old 01-31-2010, 03:30 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,520,818 times
El Mirage is hit-or-miss. The further away from the original town site one is the less crime he or she will likely encounter.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 PM

11 posts, read 36,033 times
The newer neighborhoods in El Mirage are fine, stay out of the old part... thats where 95% of the crime is. The only problem you may have (if you have kids) is the schools. I had the unfortunate experience of attending Dysart High about 10 years ago and there was a lot problems. Racism, gangs, students with weapons on an almost daily basis, you name it, it was there.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 AM

300 posts, read 952,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Thanks everyone for your responses. What about Buckeye or Tolleson? Are they a good or bad area?

personally I wouldn't live in both of those areas.

I would stick to Surprise and/or even Peoria But keep in mind any city will have 'questionable' areas.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:39 PM

53 posts, read 117,769 times
Best solution is for you to just drive through it yourself and then decide. Go during different times of the day so you can get a feel for the surroundings.

Me, personally, I would never live in El Mirage. I used to live in Surprise and that was too close to it.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,434 times
ok I live in El Mirage right now and its actually a VERY pleasant place to live!! Police patrol all over and everyone is very friendly. Yes there are probably bad things and people out there but I guess if that is what you are looking for then you will find it. I NEVER have any problems with anyone here. There are more people killed in L.A. then here its life! Just becuase you didnt like it here OR just because no one liked YOU doesnt mean that you need to tras talk a nice place like El Mirage! I would not have my kids outside playing or even waiting for the bus if there what anything like what you say! things must have changed in the past 2 years that I have lived here!!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,642 times
We rented a house out there for a year; left in Feb 2011. It IS cheap, no doubt, but there are good and bad areas of that city. Easily drive down Thunderbird towards the 60 and you'll be able to see where the bad side is. Much of the newer, nicer areas are off El Mirage Rd, Dysart, and Cactus. The city really is heavy with the hispanics. This doesn't necessarily make it a bad place, but you will see a lot of illegal activity going around. The city has been doing a good job keeping most of the town pretty well kept though. I hardly see any griffiti or littering. And even though I don't do it, it doesn't feel super unsafe at night or nothing (again, depends what neighborhood you're in). It also might not have HoA... I don't know.... but the city does seem to patrol that place looking for anything to report (like leaving your trash can in a visible location, which I've seen isn't a huge issue where I like in Surprise right now).

Personally, I wouldn't buy a house there though; we didn't, despite the prices. It depends what you want really. Do you want to own a house really bad and have limited funds? Move there. If you can get an extra $30k on a loan, try surrounding cities such as Surprise, Goodyear, Litchfield Park.... all much nicer cities in my opinion.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 AM

11 posts, read 15,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siteandsound View Post
I just got back from El Mirage. I am buying a home there.
It is my opinion that the negative stories on this sight are greatly exaggerated or historically irrelevant.
I will acknowledge the fact that the “Thunder bird & Grand” area is less than desirable.
None the less is an isolated area.
El Mirage has great potential and I think that it is worth
while to in vest in that potential.
I am coming from Chicago and am looking forward to the move
Now that you've lived there for nearly 2 years....how do you like it? Just wondering because we're thinking of buying a home there too.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,165,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matryshka View Post
Now that you've lived there for nearly 2 years....how do you like it? Just wondering because we're thinking of buying a home there too.
The o/p made four posts nearly two years ago and has never returned. It's highly unlikely s/he'll ever read your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area