Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,668 times

Advertisements

4 friends coming to scottsdale for golf any suggutions on where to stay where to golf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERN73 View Post
4 friends coming to scottsdale for golf any suggutions on where to stay where to golf.
The Kierland Resort is in a nice location next to shopping and golf. Also the Scottsdale Princess (right on the TPC) and Marriott Desert ridge are nice. Seriously, I could probably name another 10 nice resorts easily, I guess it all matters where you want to stay. As for golf, there's also plenty. Not sure which are private and public, but there's Greyhawk, TPC, Troon, Kierland, on and on. TPC is where the FBR Open is held. The pga tour just had another stop at Greyhawk. Some of the desert courses are extremely tough and have narrow fairways, so do some research.

The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Scottsdale, Arizona

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort Hotel Phoenix Arizona Reservations 480-419-6975

Phoenix Arizona Resort Hotel, Golf & Spa JW Marriott Desert Ridge

Old 11-13-2009, 10:26 AM

103 posts, read 229,509 times
If money is not a problem in terms of green fees here are courses I have played that are top notch in scottsdale.

1. Troon north. If you can afford it. I think it's really quite overpriced.
2. Kierland resort. Pretty easy course but they keep it in top notch shape. Play is a bit slow.
3. We Ko Pa. It's in fountain hills but my fav. course. try the suagaro course there it's better. No houses around. Decent price.
4. eagle mountain. Again in fountain hills but I like the course. It has mountains unlike the other three
5. talking stick. an easier layout but in good shape and less pricier then first two.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,584 times
the Four seasons or Fairmont are nice.

For golf, if you are planning 36 holes a day, you could buy an Arizona Troon 4'some card to play Troon North...... Mon-Thurs is $85, Fri-Sun is $95. However, a same day replay is $10. I have a 2'some card myself and have a vacation place in the area. I have run into a couple of guys from Jersey that vacation every year for a week, and play Troon North 36 holes each day and they say the card saves them a ton of money vs. the rack rate. You can't beat Troon North for golf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area