Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:26 PM

426 posts, read 1,306,190 times

Advertisements

My Sister in Law is currently dating a guy that we know has at least one public intox arrest from last year, and recently in the last month for a severe DUI.

They've been dating quite a while and plan on moving in together. The guy seems like a decent guy and not the kind of guy would would be so careless, but what my wife and I know obviously differs from that. My inlaws don't know about each of his arrests and I'm torn whether to let my Father in Law know about it.

What is the best way to request a copy of his arrest record? There are a ton of sites out there that advertise they'll search for you, but it is hard to tell what is legit and what is a rip-off.

Some say it may not be my business, but if their relationship continues down the same road he may end up being an Uncle to my two very young daughters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,408 times
Sure, check the statewide Arizona court records here for free:

Public Access Case Lookup

This search pulls up most AZ superior and municipal courts with one search. The results include minor traffic offenses, so read carefully. And common names also require greater attention.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Sure, check the statewide Arizona court records here for free:

Public Access Case Lookup

This search pulls up most AZ superior and municipal courts with one search. The results include minor traffic offenses, so read carefully. And common names also require greater attention.
That does not show everthing, it shows a total of 3 records for myself, but the superior court shows more.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
"That does not show everthing, it shows a total of 3 records for myself, but the superior court shows more."
In my experience, if there is an adult criminal case (or traffic case) filed in a covered Arizona municipal court or superior court, it shows up using that link. Civil and family court records can be found using the case history search function at maricopa.gov. I rarely check anything outside of Maricopa County, so I will not vouch for those other county's records.

Are you saying that there is an adult Maricopa County Superior Court criminal case history at maricopa.gov that does not show up at the link in my first post? I have never seen that occur.

I am unaware of any date limitation, but rarely have I looked up anything prior to the late 1990s. Also, slight spelling mistakes on the original documents can limit the search. If I were looking up former Governor Symington (legal name John Fife Symington III), I would search for J Symington and maybe a few variations. His past criminal charges were federal, so they would not appear. But we do learn that he had a Scottsdale photo ticket in 2008, avoided personal service for 120 days, and received a Rule 4 dismissal. Congrats Fife.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
In my experience, if there is an adult criminal case (or traffic case) filed in a covered Arizona municipal court or superior court, it shows up using that link. Civil and family court records can be found using the case history search function at maricopa.gov. I rarely check anything outside of Maricopa County, so I will not vouch for those other county's records.

Are you saying that there is an adult Maricopa County Superior Court criminal case history at maricopa.gov that does not show up at the link in my first post? I have never seen that occur.

I am unaware of any date limitation, but rarely have I looked up anything prior to the late 1990s. Also, slight spelling mistakes on the original documents can limit the search. If I were looking up former Governor Symington (legal name John Fife Symington III), I would search for J Symington and maybe a few variations. His past criminal charges were federal, so they would not appear. But we do learn that he had a Scottsdale photo ticket in 2008, avoided personal service for 120 days, and received a Rule 4 dismissal. Congrats Fife.
According to the site it does not include cases from many of the courts including the Maricopa County Justice Courts where DUI's and other misdemeanors would be filed.

Public Access - Unavailable Courts

Old 11-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Absolutely, it does not cover courts on the non-covered list.

Misdemeanors like DUIs occurring in unincorporated areas of Maricopa County would be filed in justice court. Misdemeanors like DUIs within a city's limits would be filed in that city's municipal court, and could be searched on the original link if covered. Sometimes misdemeanors are filed in superior court if felony charges are also made, or under a few other circumstances.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:44 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
According to the site it does not include cases from many of the courts including the Maricopa County Justice Courts where DUI's and other misdemeanors would be filed.

Public Access - Unavailable Courts
Good to know, that's why it doesn't show.

And no, it wasn't for a DUI.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,295 times
yeah the superior court of Maricopa County keeps criminal case dockets for quite awhile. You can also look up outstanding warrants on "Techno Cops" of MCSO. I looked up my zip and it's frightening to see how many people are involved in fraud and bad checks in my nice clean zip area.

It's best to pay a couple of private sites to look up the background. It is well worth it. I say at least two because then you can verify one against the other.

As for hesitating because some people say it's an invasion of privacy, I say bunk! If you value your life, you need to make sure someone has not been arrested on suspicion of murder, for example! I had two scary situations involving women in my life which would have ruined my career or which cost me thousands of dollars (one embezzled from me). From then on I paid to do background checks on women I date.

Call me paranoid and call me a recluse, but out of 100 people in the U.S., 95 have something to hide that if you were involved with them, could harm you and will harm you in order for them to get ahead. My dad was ripped off by swindlers in the 1970s and 1980s, one who was an ordained minister.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM

Howard is right. It never hurts to know as much as possible. Since some other states are not as easy to search as AZ (although many are), a paid service could be appropriate.

This links to many free state record searches. Plus, the main index page of the site has paid services as well.

Black Book Online Free Public Record Searches

Old 07-18-2018, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,442 times
Default Can Anyone Tell Me How to Find Arrest Records Between 1995 - 2010?

Hello, I am needing to find arrest records, and any related court records on my sister. She has applied for Guardianship of our mother who has Alzheimer's, and my sister is a recovering crack addict, so she should not be in charge of my mother's finances etc. My sister was arrested for using crack when she lived either in Phoenix, Scottsdale, or Tempe, back sometime between 1995 - 2010. I have tried using the people look up site [URL="http://www.beenverified.com"]www.beenverified.com[/URL] but that does not give arrest or court records. I live in Texas, so I am trying to do this online. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area